What is the main difference between an American Standard Tele and a Highway One Tele?

I read about the finish being thinner and cheaper, but more durable.

Are there any other main differences between the two because I was considering buying a highway one Tele.

Thanks
***Short Sig***
The highway 1s are great guitars.

The american standards are just a bit nicer.

The finish is thin nitro on the highway 1. I believe the american standards are poly.

The standards just feel like more time has been put in though. The highway ones seem a bit rushed.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Highway Ones are made with American parts at the Mexican factory. The finish is thinner so it relics faster. They're great, if you buy one you'll not be disappointed.
Quote by Danno13
Highway Ones are made with American parts at the Mexican factory. The finish is thinner so it relics faster. They're great, if you buy one you'll not be disappointed.

They're MIA though, so I don't see how.
I like the nitro finishes that the Highway 1's have.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
dont the highway 1's have the alternate pickup switch in the volume knob? I thought that was the difference
Quote by glenlyerkey
dont the highway 1's have the alternate pickup switch in the volume knob? I thought that was the difference

The Deluxe has that, the Standard doesn't. I don't believe the Highway 1 has it either.

EDIT: Plus that's a Strat, I don't think Teles have that? Am I wrong?
Quote by voteforpedro36
The Deluxe has that, the Standard doesn't. I don't believe the Highway 1 has it either.

EDIT: Plus that's a Strat, I don't think Teles have that? Am I wrong?

No, they don't. They do have a switching system of some sort, but I've only heard about it, never actually seen it myself.
Quote by voteforpedro36
They're MIA though, so I don't see how.

No they are not. American parts, but made in mexico.

They are nice, good quality instruments. A step above the MIM deluxes, but a step below the MIA standard.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']No, they don't. They do have a switching system of some sort, but I've only heard about it, never actually seen it myself.

The special circuit is the "greasebucket Circuit" which is basically a treble bleed pot.

In other words, a Highway 1 is an MIM fender with better parts all around, hotter pickups, upgraded tone knobs, and a thinner satin finish. They are very nice, but I would not choose them over any "real" MIA fenders.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Feb 3, 2009,
the hw1's are made in the US. but with some parts being made in mexico. You get the same qc as the american standards, and a nicer finish, but not so great pickups, etc.
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat