Hey,

What happens when you play a bass through a guitar multi effect pedal such as the Digitech RP series? Obviously if you play a bass on a guitar amp it eventually ruins it, so I'm wondering if the same thing happens.

Thanks.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

it acts like it should. the reason it blows out guitar amps is because the low frequencies can harm the speakers themselves. all the effects pedal does is process the information and spit it back out. so as long as the pedal is going to a bass amp, theres no problem.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
guitar effects tend to have a buffer on the input that doesn't allow very low (less than 60hz) frequencies through, as a result putting a bass through a guitar effects processor will work fine but you'll lose a lot of low end
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
If it has a pitch shifter or anything of the sort, the sound will screw up if you play lower notes. Distortion and other stuff sounds pretty good though. Just remember, the effects sound better if they are played higher up.
STRAIGHT EDGE

I have chosen this path...

not to fit a mold,

not to join a trend,

not to follow a crowd,

but because it is right for me

XXX
Thanks all. I'll try it out now that I know it won't destroy my multi fx unit.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

it works...i used to do it works fine. The frequencies don;t get affect or anythin. i used to swear by boss guitar overdrive and chorus. it can work
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
i believe porcupine tree bassist uses digitech guitar effects live...

random but sounds pretty cool
I actually prefer guitar effects for Bass... unless it sucks out the bottom end like a few do.

it works fine, doesn't screw anything up.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
That pedal's digital, so there might be a tracking error or two, but digitech is usually good about letting the amp do the low-end cutting. I use a bass with a GNX3000 all the time.
Nope, no sig here.