Has anyone here heard of these guitars, or better yet, does anyone own one? A few of them look really nice. I'm looking for a cheap guitar to play around with and customize a bit. Anyone have any info on them?
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Feb 3, 2009,
i wouldnt bother getting one.
theyre cheap ass ebay guitars, DESIGNED to be ****.
its like taking strings and throwing them at an old person...
makes the same noise.
I wasn't going to be playing it too much. I was more thinking about one so I can practice repairing pickups, and just changing things. I don't wanna risk it on my more expensive guitars, my parents would kill me. For under $50 AU, it's probably my best option, as if I wreck it, it's no biggy. I will most likely still get it, thanks for the advice none the less. Does anyone else have an opinion? They would be greatly appreciated.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
if its that cheap you might aswell go for it
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
This is my humble opinion:

By looking at your posted gear and the fact that you're on this web site, you're obviously interested in the guitar as an instrument and enjoy playing. This is something that will last your lifetime. You may put the guitar down for a few years, but you will eventually pick it up again. As time goes by, you will want better and better instruments; ones that you are proud of and appreciate.

You can always change the pickups and electronic config. of one of your current guitars. Those types of mods can always be reversed. If you must get a pos to experiment on, keep your eye out at garage sales, flea mkts, etc. Don't spend more than $20. Save for quality instruments that you will be happy to own for a lifetime.

Don't be the guy that wakes up one morning, looks at his guitar rack and says, "man...why the heck did I spend good money on that pos?".