Hey all, I've been playing guitar for about 10 months now and told myself if I stuck with it for a year I would upgrade from my Squier Strat. I'm still really into playing so I've been going to Guitar Center the past couple weeks trying out different guitars to see what I like. I've found that I absolutely love the Wizard II necks on various Ibanez guitars. Problem is I know Ibanez's are more suited for playing metal. While I enjoy metal and its subgenres, it is not a style I am currently interested in playing.

If there is one band out there I would like to try to sound like, it would be Bush. I know Gavin Rossdale favors Fenders but their necks feel a little bulky to me. So my question is, are there any guitars out there with a Wizard II style neck (maybe not quite as thin) that will give me a good alternative/grunge rock type sound? I'm looking to spend between $300-$400. Thanks in advance!
Complete guitar n00b, and not ashamed to admit it!
ibanez guitars can be used for anything. you could get one with an SSH or an HSH pickup configuration. i personally can't stand thin necks but whatever floats your boat man.
Some Jacksons have very thin necks as well, but they also tend to be made for metal.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
How thin are the necks on the Ibanez ART series compared to the RG series?
i have an ibanez as73 semi hollow. it has a thin neck. its really nice for the cost and very adaptable(for me so i like it). i dont know if its the look your going for but check it out.pretty nice and i think its like $300. should work for what you want to play and i think theres a flat black finish which is pretty sweet.

hope that helps
gian
Maybe an ibanez S of some sort?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Who cares if they're made for metal? If you like it, that's what matters. I recommend finding a used Ibanez S470.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SAS36FMTG-Electric-Guitar?sku=517961

try this. it's basically a HSS strat but better. the neck is a bit fatter than the Wizard neck but maybe you'll like it?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Ibanez are very good guitars for their price. If you dont mind having no tremolo, this is a good one to look at
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481914

Floyd Rose guitar if you like
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519415

ART serise hollow-body with a Bigsby
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AFS85T-Electric-Guitar?sku=518131

And the one above is probably your best best for a standard Strat-style trem
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
The Ibanez will do fine for non-metal stuff. If you honestly can't stand the way it sounds you can just change the pickups anyways.
i have an ibanez 4ex1...pretty close to a 350 dx and I play reggae with it...very versatile, the pickups arent crazy high output
and i love the wizard necks too, best feel by far
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Cool, thanks for all the input guys. I will make a trip to my local GC and try out the various Ibanez models.

I also noted someone suggested an Epiphone G-400 SG for a thinner neck model. Should I consider this or stick with Ibanez?
SG has a much thicker neck than any Ibanez, so stick to them
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
1.Buy Ibanez
2.Change pickups
3.???
4. Profit
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Is it worth it to spring the extra dollar for the S-series over the RG series? I'm looking at an SAS32EX for $430.
it depends.
since you mentioned you want to sound like Bush but don't like fender necks like they use then yeah.

the SA i posted is basically a strat, but better

strat shape
synchronized trem
HSS configuration
22 frets(you need an American strat to get 22 frets)
plus it's a carve top

i'd say go for it
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo