So I was just wondering what kind is better, glass or metal?
Jump in my fire, I'm far beyond driven.

amp--- Peavey Vypyr 15 (fucking love it)
alright thanks dudes
I figured as much they're pretty much the same price at the store

Just go to the hardware store and get a segment of copper tubing that's the proper size. You'll spend a fraction of what a guitar-store slide would cost.
How about the different sizes of the slides (length-wise) - what is the difference? Or is it just comfort?
I'm reading this as a "What should I get a clide/capo?" There are differences.

Capos are made out of metal (some with a clamp & others with a fabric/nylon/plastic clasp) usually with a rubber strip that comes into contact with the strings.

Depending on what it's made of effects your tone too, a metal one will sound fairly 'tinny' I've found.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by timbre
Just go to the hardware store and get a segment of copper tubing that's the proper size. You'll spend a fraction of what a guitar-store slide would cost.

i did that, my dad had some. let me tell, you, that thing, doesn't SLIDE on the strings, it quite slightly scratches. if not the strings, then the ear

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
How about the different sizes of the slides (length-wise) - what is the difference? Or is it just comfort?

well, this is what you should just go and see for yourself, mine is too big for my pinky, which i would recommend holding onto
Did you polish the copper? Was it rough? A slide must be very smooth.
Quote by timbre
Did you polish the copper? Was it rough? A slide must be very smooth.

after trying it, i also did it, and yeah it was a difference, but you cant compare it to the slide i got from the shop. it's just too rough
Depends what type of sound you're going for.

Metal slide = Brighter, but harsher. Very cool for a certain style of blues.

Glass slide = Much smoother. Works for different stuff.
Glass is quieter too isn't it? I bought a slide recently and after a demo of glass, brass and er silver coloured (can't remember what metal - steel, nickel??), I went for the brass, sounded nicest to me!
Homemade from the neck of a wine bottle.
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Quote by timbre

Is it really worth it if it'll **** your strings up?
They're only like $6 at my local music store.