when i sweep, should i have my pick angled the same way it is when im alternating picking? like if youre looking at the guitar with the body flat towards you, i turn my pick clockwise a few degrees. also, i heard you are supposed to leave lots of space on the pick when youre sweeping, but how do you transition from normal playing to sweeping? last question, and most important one: how do i mute strings when im sweeping so it sounds clean? i have heard you do it with your left hand by taking off your fingers quickly, and also by using your right hand thumb. thanks to anyone who answers
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
I ust leave it the same yes, but i kind of leave my pick dragging on the strings, rather than holding it rigid and picking through them, if that makes sense.
You mute by 'rolling' your fingers across the fretboard. Play a note, then lift off slightly to mute; roll onto the next note, and carry on through, dragging the pick.
Yeah just play it like you would normal chromatics or whatever. It's hard at first because often you're playing one note per string, just try and sync the hands up.
Just a brief question.

I'm also verr new to sweeping, But.. i can't get to grips with rolling?
And i can't do it fast.. maybe i'm just walking before i can crawl.

How long did it take for you to learn to sweep properly? If anyone in reading this thread can answer.

Thanks
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Just a brief question.

How long did it take for you to learn to sweep properly? If anyone in reading this thread can answer.

Thanks

It takes weeks to properly learn sweeping (Or doolooping, as it is sometimes called around here), and you shouldn't even think of doing it fast before you can do it slow.

Quote by Chasing Shadows
Just a brief question.

Thanks

Took me ages to learn simple patterns on 3 strings. Once I had it, it suddenly clicked, and I can 3 string sweep pretty well now. 4, 5, 6, I sound sloppy. Need to put more time to it, but I don't really use it that often so...meh.
Thanks for the help.

Yeahh I realised i have to put a lot of time & effort into it, there's some things in sweeping i just don't get, but I will eventually

Thanks again!
Took me about 6 weeks. But i found it easier sweeping 6 strings than 3, purely because it gives you longer (as in more swept strings) to get into it.