Page 1 of 3
Whats up?

Well I hate Classic Rock, I dont know why I just do (I liked Stairway to Heaven though). Eveyone is talking about how good pink floyd, led zeppelin, the beatels...etc are, but Im not seeing this. Im more into Thrash Metal, Meavy Metal, Hrad Rock stuff from the 80s.

Anyway, a guy online said to me you have to listen to Hotel California few days ago, I said to him I hate Classic Rock then he insisted. I dowloaded it and what do you know?

I f*ucking cant stop listening to that song. Its so great!!
I looked for more Classic Rock songs and I donwloaded Comfortably Numb by pink floyed and I fell in love. Im actually learning the solo right now. I realy based my judgment on a bad song I heard long time ago, but now I know.

So, The pit, since I just discoverd that Classic Rock is great (and that Im an ediot). Can you suggest of a list of songs I should listen to next? stuff simular to the ones I downloaded (Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California and Comfortably Numb).
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
You spelt idiot wrong.

Also, take it to the Classic Rock forum.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Classic rock forum would be better for this
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
If you like classic rock check out Bullet for my valentine, Green day and U2
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

EDIT: pic related: looks like hes gonna the THE PEOPLES ELBOWwww..... classic rock...

yes we can
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Last edited by PETERFKNPARKER at Feb 3, 2009,
Dont think many people have heard of them but my favourite classic rock band is Wishbone Ash, check out there stuff

Oh and Cream!
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Why the hell would you put Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles all under 'Classic Rock'? They're totally different and your ignorance hurts.
Try albums such as Revolver (the beatles), the wall, wish you were here, dark side of the moon (pink floyd), Houses of the Holy (led Zeppelin) Sticky Fingers (Rolling Stones) and One of these, Hotel California (eagles)
if you like comfortably numb you should listen to high hopes, also try listening to some Scorpions stuff, if you like Hotel california then you might like wind of change, still loving you and send me an angel.
Quote by theR
wtf is THE BEATELS

A misspelling of "The Beatles", a rock and pop band from Liverpool, England that formed in 1960. During their career, the group primarily consisted of John Lennon (rhythm guitar, vocals), Paul McCartney (bass guitar, vocals), George Harrison (lead guitar, vocals) and Ringo Starr (drums, vocals). Although their initial musical style was rooted in 1950s rock and roll and skiffle, the group worked with different musical genres, ranging from Tin Pan Alley to psychedelic rock. Their clothes, style and statements made them trend-setters, while their growing social awareness saw their influence extend into the social and cultural revolutions of the 1960s. After the band broke up in 1970, all four members embarked upon successful solo careers.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Why the hell would you put Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles all under 'Classic Rock'? They're totally different and your ignorance hurts.

Actually Classic Rock refers to rock music until 1984 or so, it's not a categorization based on sound, it's based on the time the band was active. So yes, they are all Classic Rock. And your ignorance hurts.

TS: Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd, Time - Pink Floyd, Echoes - Pink Floyd, Kashmir - Led Zeppelin. However, Classic Rock is best when listening to a whole album. The Wall, Dark Side Of The Moon, Physical Graffitti, Zeppelin II, Revolver, Animals, there are hundreds of albums out there that are magnificent.

Just some basics to get you started .
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Last edited by Garci at Feb 3, 2009,
Check out Opeth.. It's all you'll ever need.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Captain Insano
According to my former programming teacher, Hotel Calforinia is the greatest song of the 70's.

wtf is HOTEL CALFORINIA
CHECK OUT MAH SONGS PLZ
Buy the following albums:

Sticky Fingers - The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin
Nuthin' Fancy - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Tons of Sobs - Free
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
You might like dire straits. Listen to sultans of swing.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER

EDIT: pic related: looks like hes gonna the THE PEOPLES ELBOWwww..... classic rock...

yes we can

thats the first thing thats actually made me lol all day
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by SilentSounds
The Beatles are crappy.

False
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by theR
wtf is HOTEL CALFORINIA

As much as it pains me to use an internet meme...

Obvious troll is obvious.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous (One of the best live albums ever)

Screw it! Anything by Thin Lizzy
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes
Jimi Hendrix

"In paradise there are no walls"
Just buy Journey's greatest hits album.It will definitely satisfy all of your classic rock needs.
It's okay, most classic rock does except for Cream, most of the bands are boring and predictable.

Quote by SilentSounds
The Beatles are crappy.

Wrong.

Edit: Oh and listen to these:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (the hype is true, it is the greatest album ever. Flawless), Wish You Were Here (album)

Led Zeppelin - Achilles' Last Stand, Dazed And Confused, Rock & Roll, Black Dog, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love

Cream - Crossroads

Derek & The Dominoes - Layla

Yardbirds - Over, Under, Sideways, Down

Queen - Brighton Rock, Don't Stop Me Now (undoubtedly you already know this song), I Want It All

The Beatles - EVERYTHING!

John Lennon - Instant Karma

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run (album)

The Doors - Light My Fire, Roadhouse Blus, Break On Through, The End

Deep Purple - Highway Star

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black

Go...
Last edited by adyhendrixc at Feb 3, 2009,
One of these days - Pink floyd
Hendrix live at woodstock
Hendrix live at Monteray
Hellbound train - Savoy Brown
Quote by metaldud536
Slipknot- Duality
SOAD- BYOB
Greenday- American Idiot

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by danny275
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous (One of the best live albums ever)

Screw it! Anything by Thin Lizzy

You sir win so much...
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by drunkinkoala
Cannibal Corpse, Job For A Cowboy, Nile, Behemoth.

These are the most popular classic rock bands.

Jokes been done several times already.

Quote by 0RI0N
Check out Opeth.. It's all you'll ever need.

Hate to say it, but Opeth sucks IMO
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Cream, their jams can be quite win. and Sunshine of Your Love, as many will admit, has the most win riff ever.

Free, there is some awesome playing there. songs like Mr. Big, The Stealer, have creative, well placed parts and funky pieces.

and also, Led Zeppelin. just look at a few of the songs.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Jokes been done several times already.

Hate to say it, but Opeth sucks IMO

You're wrong.

/fact
Quote by Oh Shize
You're wrong.

/fact

How so?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Page 1 of 3