Page 1 of 2
i was milling around in the guitar store today and saw one of those ibanez herman li sigs, i played it for a bit so see what it was like. now , bearing in mind the tag on this thing said '£2,000', it has horrendus feedback on the single coil if the volume knob on the guitar is further up than half way, the Dimarzio humbuckers hum like hell and the tuning stability of the customised Edge-Zero tremolo had been ruined somehow. just thought id warn you incae youd be looking on the internet at them or something.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Its the dragonforce guitar... of course its garbage?
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer - White
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender Acoustic

Amps:
Crate head w/ POD preamp
Crate 120 watt POS
Crate Cab
what amp did you play it through?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by SalemREIGN
Its the dragonforce guitar... of course its garbage?

this
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
you obviousry racka the disciprine needed to pray it right

what amp was it?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Maybe you were sitting too close to the amp. I don't like Li's playing, or dragonforce, but that guitar is pretty snazzy. I loved the neck and trem, and the DiMarzios were, as always, superb. Using a ****ty amp in the store?

Definitely overpriced kit though. S and RG prestiges are just as good, if not better.
It only costs 800€ at my local music store?

If the shop is already ripping you off that bad, I'd say that the guitar was either a fake or just horribly set-up or the amp was crap.
my store is reputable for being expensive. and i think it was some kind of marshall tube? the amp was nice, i played a couple others while i was there. the store guy recons it could have been damaged in the truck on its way from the supplier which i guess is pretty likely.

i love the violet/purple colour with the gold hardware though

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I get feeback when standing infront of my mate's Marshall stack with his BC Rich and they both have no faults.

I'm with Mazzakazza.
i play TTFAF on my RG that cost like £400 :L

i guess your probably paying more than a regular RG because it has the edge zero and dimarzio instead of the V7/V8 pickups

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i play TTFAF on my RG that cost like £400 :L

i guess your probably paying more than a regular RG because it has the edge zero and dimarzio instead of the V7/V8 pickups

it's got dimarzios, it's made in japan to a higher quality, it has the last 4 frets scalloped, has a hand grip, a gold edge zero, coil tapping, non production inlays and a non standard paintjob.

all these things push up the price. plus I'm sure Herman Li gets some royalties from it.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
personally, i prefere RGs to presteige and S series models.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

RG's can be Prestige... As can S's. A 'prestige' does not exist.
i mean, regular RG series to the prestige ones.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Sam totman's iceman is like 1/3 of the price
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by Silver-spear94
i mean, regular RG series to the prestige ones.

So you prefer lower quality MIK or MII instruments over high quality MIJ instruments of the same type? That's pretty odd,I don't think I've ever heard an Ibanez player say they'd take a low end model over a prestige series model.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Silver-spear94
i was milling around in the guitar store today and saw one of those ibanez herman li sigs, i played it for a bit so see what it was like. now , bearing in mind the tag on this thing said '£2,000', it has horrendus feedback on the single coil if the volume knob on the guitar is further up than half way, the Dimarzio humbuckers hum like hell and the tuning stability of the customised Edge-Zero tremolo had been ruined somehow. just thought id warn you incae youd be looking on the internet at them or something.

that's becuase dragonforce is ghey
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
Sam totman's iceman is like 1/3 of the price

Of a normal Iceman or Herman's sig?

I like Sam's sig :P
Quote by Pr0gNut
So you prefer lower quality MIK or MII instruments over high quality MIJ instruments of the same type? That's pretty odd,I don't think I've ever heard an Ibanez player say they'd take a low end model over a prestige series model.

+1.

Prestige often just equals quality.
you've probably never heard someone say that they like the EdgeIII tremolo either. but you have now.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Y00p
+1.

Prestige often just equals quality.

Exactly.Better construction and quality.The pups usually suck,but any Ibanez player has come to except that fact that the stock pups aren't great.I'd rather shell out the extra cash for higher quality uhm ....everything basically.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Silver-spear94

I have to ask, what do you like better about them, besides price? I mean you get better trems, better wood, better neck, better pickups, and you get an awesome case. The quality is just a lot better compared to non-prestige models
the thing i like about the regular RGs for one is the price (as you said) and secondly i find them nicer to play. i played a Gem 20th in the store and i still prefered the RG420EG. must just be me.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by ShredGod George
you obviousry racka the disciprine needed to pray it right

what amp was it?

L-button not working?
SIGNATURE
I am gonna say it first
1. Spear You probably suck, so you really can't tell the difference in quality
2. You most likely want to make the guitar you bought seem like the best guitar to make you feel better.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by KaFuCh
L-button not working?

He entered Asian mode,so the "L" button became obsolete.

On a side note,isn't the Sam sig just a white neck thru Iceman with different inlays,an edge III,and a set of Evo pups?

its more that, i wouldnt be able to go long enough without spending cash to save up the cash for a Gem or prestige,so im happy with the RG420EG and the edge III. besides, its stayed in tune since it was set up professionally 2 weeks ago.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

since just before xmas, and i use the trem quite alot.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
its more that, i wouldnt be able to go long enough without spending cash to save up the cash for a Gem or prestige,so im happy with the RG420EG and the edge III. besides, its stayed in tune since it was set up professionally 2 weeks ago.

This leads me to believe that you haven't had it for long, or don't often abuse the trem... Edge III's are ok when they're new, they get worse when they age and wear.
Quote by Y00p
This leads me to believe that you haven't had it for long, or don't often abuse the trem... Edge III's are ok when they're new, they get worse when they age and wear.

Yep,soft metal makes for an inferior trem.The most common complaints I've heard about them are tuning issues,pivot points wearing out,and saddles breaking.

Quote by Silver-spear94

compare your edge III to an original 22 year old Edge trem and I can almost guarantee that the older trem will perform better. you'll be lucky if your edge III lasts 22 months

Quote by element4433
it doesnt really bother me, when the Edge III wears out, im gona get a Edge-ZR or Pro or maybe OFR fitted.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Pr0gNut

On a side note,isn't the Sam sig just a white neck thru Iceman with different inlays,an edge III,and a set of Evo pups?

yups. but its still pretty awesome
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
yups. but its still pretty awesome

Wow,they really screwed him over on that one.

Ibanez guy: So Herman,your model will retail for over 2000 USD and have some of our best features.

Herman: That's rearry awesome!

Sam:....What about my model?

Ibanez guy: F*ck you Sam! You're getting an edge III so deal with it.

Sam:.......

Page 1 of 2