Poll: Matt Tuck and Michael Paget vs. Synister Gates and Zacky Vengeance
Poll Options
View poll results: Matt Tuck and Michael Paget vs. Synister Gates and Zacky Vengeance
Matt Tuck and Michael Paget
9 75%
Synister Gates and Zacky Vengeance
3 25%
Voters: 12.
I searched for something like this, but I couldn't find it. Well, Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold. IMO, probably the two (i don't want to say most popular but..) the two most commercial(?) metal-core bands today. Even though I would not consider A7X metal-core anymore with the release of the self-titled, Waking the Fallen and City of Evil I think are more of a way I'm thinking they are. Now what I want to discuss is the guitar duos in each of the bands. Now, I know there are differences within the bands. Matt Tuck and Michael Paget are certainly not the same, and Synister Gates and Zack Vengeance are not either. But the way that they come together for that Bullet style/A7X style is what I want to compare.

Tuck and Paget
Vs.
Gates and Vengeance

I personally feel that Tuck and Paget really are the superior duo in this match up. I just feel that BFMV are a lot more driven by their guitars more than A7X is driven by Gates' or Vengeance's. Don't get me wrong, I love A7X's Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet, Waking the Fallen, and City of Evil..but Tuck and Paget just seem to be more inspired by the guitar more than anything.

What do you guys think?
read the rules foolio

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
you could try spelling synyster right too..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.