So I have been playing guitar for over a year and on the electric for about 3 months so I would like UG's advice on which pedal should i get first.

I like to listen good bands like Metallica, IM, Megadeth,etc.(old trash metal bands) and new bands like CoB and CoF,LoG,etc.

My basic aim atm is to get a sound somewhat equivalent to those of Metallica,IM,Megadeth,etc.
And not to forget that I will be playing both rhythm and lead.

And my budget is approximately 60$(62$ actually), so What do you advice me UG?

PS: I live in India so it might not be possible to get pedals of all brands,rather get only those of leading pedal manufacturers(like boss,digitech,korg,line6).
go for distortion/overdrive( whatever) or wah? maybe distortion/overdrive is the best idea
Quote by vageesh89
So I have been playing guitar for over a year and on the electric for about 3 months so I would like UG's advice on which pedal should i get first.

I like to listen good bands like Metallica, IM, Megadeth,etc.(old trash metal bands) and new bands like CoB and CoF,LoG,etc.

My basic aim atm is to get a sound somewhat equivalent to those of Metallica,IM,Megadeth,etc.
And not to forget that I will be playing both rhythm and lead.

And my budget is approximately 60$(62$ actually), so What do you advice me UG?

PS: I live in India so it might not be possible to get pedals of all brands,rather get only those of leading pedal manufacturers(like boss,digitech,korg,line6).

Boss DS-1 is a great starter distortion pedal.

You might want to spend a little more and buy a basic multi-effects pedal. Get things like flanger/chorus/reverb/od/distortion..stuff to have some fun with
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
I would be really thankful if any adviser could give more pedal options rather than basic knowledge.
And maybe I would be able to extend my budget to 100$ but still it would be helpful if you can provide pedal names/models as I have no knowledge whatsoever about these things).
Ive got a EH Metal Muff and i love it, play metallica, cob, all sorts through it. Really rate it.

(st.anger, your sig, they have released it)
i was reccomended a digitech rp-90...about 100 USDollars.... it has alot of sounds built in something like 12 amp models, 6 stompboxes, and 32 effects pedals (thats alotta ****)...i have never tried it and i dont really know its reputation...but you might want to look into it
it also has a expression pedal on it
Are you really concerned about the quality of tone or are you more concerned about just getting that metal distortion?

Also, please list your rig.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
EH Holy Stain.

Bunch of effects in one, it'll help you get acquainted with all the different sounds in the world of guitar.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
My first pedal was a wah, they can be pretty fun to start with. Plus, since you like Metallica a wah is essential since Kirk is pretty much married to his wah pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I know that my amp is not that good, so i wont b able to get a good tone from it. Therefore,i would like to buy a pedal to attain the tone i want.

My Rig:
Ibanez GRG170 DX
20W Hybrid Amp(Local made)