so it's like your volume knob......so instead of turning the knob, you kick in the switch?

edit: ok, the sarcasm didnt come through my statement very well. what i'm trying to ask is why put down another pedal when you can just roll off/kick up the volume from your guitar with a simple flick of the wrist?
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
so it's like your volume knob......so instead of turning the knob, you kick in the switch?

edit: ok, the sarcasm didnt come through my statement very well. what i'm trying to ask is why put down another pedal when you can just roll off/kick up the volume from your guitar with a simple flick of the wrist?

For the simple fact that it can effect your tone sometimes adversely. i've got 3 ways to adjust the volume on my setup. They all have an effect, some in ways i didn't really want or like. Roll that volume back on your guitar to much and you'll flatten your tone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
for a single channel amp it will be nice to just step on a pedal and go from clean to overdrive....................you know like most 2 channel amps that have a pedal to go from clean to overdrive.