Page 1 of 2
what was your first concert?(punk/ska)
mine was the adicts, sham69, the pist, and banner of hope. was amazing!!!
(my first actual concert was Boston, but the adicts was better)
My uncles band supported sham 69, twas pretty epic

My first was probably seeing the Anti-Nowhere league supporting rancid, great support band, i didn't realize who they were until they came on...one hell of a gig
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
My first punk show was Defiance, Ohio; I'd never heard of them but my friend brought me there. Was a lot of fun.

My most recent, though, was Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto with Tip the Van. My God that was an awesome show.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
My 1st live band was also anti-nowhere league and i left mid set after hearing their bullsh*t racist, sexist and homophobic lyrics and stage banter.
Idiots of the highest degree.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
My 1st live band was also anti-nowhere league and i left mid set after hearing their bullsh*t racist, sexist and homophobic lyrics and stage banter.
Idiots of the highest degree.

And that's exactly why i stayed
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
I haven't been to a ska show yet. However, I am seeing Reel Big Fish on monday! I can't wait!!!
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Catch 22 and Westbound Train for me
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Menzingers show. Can't remember who the opening bands were. Great, great show.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
punk - gorilla biscuits (more hardcore, but whatever)

ska - toasters/skunks

Quote by DempseyPunk
what was your first concert?(punk/ska)
mine was the adicts, sham69, the pist, and banner of hope. was amazing!!!
(my first actual concert was Boston, but the adicts was better)
Quote by Gunpowder
My first punk show was Defiance, Ohio; I'd never heard of them but my friend brought me there. Was a lot of fun.

My most recent, though, was Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto with Tip the Van. My God that was an awesome show.

Seeing Defiance, Ohio is extremely high on my list of things to do.

Quote by JustMimes
Menzingers show. Can't remember who the opening bands were. Great, great show.

I almost saw them with The Riot Before in Doylestown, PA. I decided not to stay, I should have though.

Also my first punk/ska show was Big D I think, my latest was The Ergs matinee. I really need to get to a show soon, I haven't been to one in forever.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Feb 3, 2009,
My first show was Green Day, with MCR as an opener. My first real punk show was with The Guts, The Leftovers, The Apers, and some other local bands.

I've gotten into a habit of only going to shows I'm playing, and I need to get out of that.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
My first show was Green Day, with MCR as an opener. My first real punk show was with The Guts, The Leftovers, The Apers, and some other local bands.

I've gotten into a habit of only going to shows I'm playing, and I need to get out of that.

My first show was Green Day too, but Jimmy Eat World were opening.

Also my next show is Screaming Females, For Science, The Measure(SA), and some more awesome bands.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Seeing Defiance, Ohio is extremely high on my list of things to do.

I almost saw them with The Riot Before in Doylestown, PA. I decided not to stay, I should have though.

Also my first punk/ska show was Big D I think, my latest was The Ergs matinee. I really need to get to a show soon, I haven't been to one in forever.

Aww bummer. I like Riot Before a lot, but Menzingers more to be honest. The fact that they are/were local to me helps..

my most recent was the Fest. Saw Off with their Heads, The Ergs, The Menzingers, and a few others. Should be back going ot shows on March 1st and 14 and 29th.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Punk - Bad Religion and The Briggs
Ska - 23 Skadoo (local band)
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Tragedy(a metal tribute to the bee gees)
Suburban Legend
The Aquabats

The show was sick, fun pits, beats the most recent show I went to (RBF) by a lot.
I recommend seeing the Aquabats, fairly cheesy but a lot of fun.
Quote by StreetLight3989
My first show was Green Day too, but Jimmy Eat World were opening.

Also my next show is Screaming Females, For Science, The Measure(SA), and some more awesome bands.

I saw that Green Day tour also. I think Against Me! opened also, weirdly enough.

And I'm super jealous you're going to that show, I was gonna head down with some friends. For Science + The Steinways last show ever! Mad luvz for both of those bands.

How are the Screaming Females? We're playing a gig with them sometime next month.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
How are the Screaming Females? We're playing a gig with them sometime next month.

Oooh, where?

I've wanted to see the Screaming Females

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
Oooh, where?

I've wanted to see the Screaming Females

Ella Bella's in Rochester. It's christian run, and there's big murals of jesus and stuff, but it's pretty cool.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
I saw that Green Day tour also. I think Against Me! opened also, weirdly enough.

And I'm super jealous you're going to that show, I was gonna head down with some friends. For Science + The Steinways last show ever! Mad luvz for both of those bands.

Weird, that was like 5th grade for me. I missed Against Me on that tour and now they're one of my favorite bands

Yeah, I love For Science and The Steinways. I've seen For Science before but never The Steinways. Also The Screaming Females are great, I love them.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Weird, that was like 5th grade for me. I missed Against Me on that tour and now they're one of my favorite bands

Yeah, I love For Science and The Steinways. I've seen For Science before but never The Steinways. Also The Screaming Females are great, I love them.

That show must've been about 2005, second leg of the AI tour.

And weirdly enough, my bands first show was with For Science. Along with The Guts, The Leftovers, and Project 27. At the time we were just in middle school and were excited to play a show, not realizing that this would be one of the best line-ups we've ever been a part of.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
Ella Bella's in Rochester. It's christian run, and there's big murals of jesus and stuff, but it's pretty cool.

That kind of reminds me of this venue that used to be in Nashua. I played there when I was filling in on bass in my friend's glam band. They had this huge wall behind the stage with a cross that said "Rock N Roll 4 JC".

Needless to say, lulz ensued.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Punk=The Offspring, Lunachicks and quazimodo. At the Grog shop in Cleveland, OH. That was back in 92.

Ska= Mighty Mighty Bosstones that was in 96.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Gunpowder

were they from defiance ohio by any chance?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
were they from defiance ohio by any chance?

Defiance, Ohio are from Columbus.

My first(ish...?) show was dropkick murphys and the casualties or something which is funny because those are two of my least favorite bands now.
Quote by sargasm
Defiance, Ohio are from Columbus.

My first(ish...?) show was dropkick murphys and the casualties or something which is funny because those are two of my least favorite bands now.

pssshtt......we are under us now you can admit not that you ****ing luv them
Quote by I_Pwn

Maybe I'll check it out.

Jack my swag

1st punk show I can remember was Social Distortion
1st ska show I can remeber was Skankin Pickle
NoFx with No Use For A Name, and The Flatliners
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
1st punk show was Flogging Molly
1st ska show was Mustard Plug

Most recent was Streetlight Manifesto two days ago and it was AMAZING.
First 'punk' show was Anti-Flag with Big D and the Kids Table, Set Your Goals, and Alexisonfire. I remember it being a good show, but then I realized that none of those bands except for Big D are really any good.

My last was sort of a while ago, actually, Flogging Molly way back at Lollapalooza. I've been to a few non-punk shows since but it's hard when no punk bands tour by you, you don't have a driver's license or any other form of transportation, and you have an energy-sapping heart condition. Eh.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that the Living End with the Max Levine Ensemble came a little before Anti-Flag. Not exactly a punk show, since the Living End aren't punk and MLE are pop-punk, but I'll just say it counts.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Last edited by MisspentYouth at Feb 4, 2009,
My first concert was Green Day, in April 2005. First punk show was Suicide Machines, Whole Wheat Bread, and some ****ty trendcore/faux-screamo bands, in November of the same year. Eh...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Page 1 of 2