I know this is an odd (and probably stupid) question, but do you actually need to cover pots with knobs or can they just be bare? Also does anyone know where to get smaller knobs? I found one site that offer mini tele style ones, but they were still pretty big

Thanks
Quote by KillerEclaire
I know this is an odd (and probably stupid) question, but do you actually need to cover pots with knobs or can they just be bare? Also does anyone know where to get smaller knobs? I found one site that offer mini tele style ones, but they were still pretty big

Thanks

They're not required, no, but they make using it a lot easier.

Your basic run of the mill guitar store should carry at least some knobs/miscellaneous guitar stuff. If not, try warmoth.com.
thanks for the quick reply. what im planning on doing is adding an emg ab and an emg spc to a telecaster, on the control plate, but its a bit pushed for space. by its easier to have knobs does that mean they are easier to turn or just easier to get at?
Quote by KillerEclaire
thanks for the quick reply. what im planning on doing is adding an emg ab and an emg spc to a telecaster, on the control plate, but its a bit pushed for space. by its easier to have knobs does that mean they are easier to turn or just easier to get at?

Both, really. Take them off, and see how you like it.
cool thanks. Il have a go on my starter guitar (never taken them off before!) Il try and post back here if i remember!

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: yaaay! just took them off that will be perfect for an spc and afterburner (i probably wont use them as much as vol/tone) until i get some small knobs

Again, thanks for the help!
Last edited by KillerEclaire at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by KillerEclaire
cool thanks. Il have a go on my starter guitar (never taken them off before!) Il try and post back here if i remember!

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: yaaay! just took them off that will be perfect for an spc and afterburner (i probably wont use them as much as vol/tone) until i get some small knobs

Again, thanks for the help!

Good to have been of help.

Bear in mind though, you have to keep some room for the actual wires that are used to hook up the pot-meters, earlier called knobs.