I just picked up a cd (bad music for bad people) and i just fell in love with it. what are your opinions on these guys?
greatest psychobilly band EVER. I bought that CD 15 years ago. Continues to be one of my all time favs. good stuff.
Always a band I've been interested in from what I've heard but never bought anything by. Thanks to this thread reminding me about them I'll probably get something by them soon enough.
Quote by turbomatic
greatest psychobilly band EVER. I bought that CD 15 years ago. Continues to be one of my all time favs. good stuff.

oh, i dodnt know it was considered phsycobilly. it seemed too slow and wacky to be phsycobilly.But god im loving it.
From what Ive heard, they refused the term psychobilly because they never had a d-bass.
But yeah I got some stuff a few days ago and Im loving "cant hardly stand it" and "zombie dance". I cant wait to find more.
Yeah, in the Songs the lord gave us CD booklet, Poison Ivy said that they dont give themself a Genre as such. Definatly not Psychobilly as the dont use a Upright bass.
But you'll always find them under Pschycobilly for their Rocknroll / Rockabilly covers.
Id put them as their own genre. Or something like Voodoobilly, Which does exist.

But what the hey. The Cramps are one of my favourite bands.
Very Influencual, And Mental.
Human Fly rocks. Lol
Quote by FunkyFire
From what Ive heard, they refused the term psychobilly because they never had a d-bass.
But yeah I got some stuff a few days ago and Im loving "cant hardly stand it" and "zombie dance". I cant wait to find more.

what the ****????
they may also have rejected the term because they weren't psychobilly at all...
lmao

they're blues-based punk, more commonly known as punk-rock
my god
wow.... seriously? psychobilly?
that kind of blew my mind

new kind of kick is an amazing song
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
what the ****????
they may also have rejected the term because they weren't psychobilly at all...
lmao

they're blues-based punk, more commonly known as punk-rock
my god
wow.... seriously? psychobilly?
that kind of blew my mind

new kind of kick is an amazing song

What's so ridiculous about calling them psychobilly? They're clearly influenced by rockabilly and a lot of their subject matter fits in with psychobilly.

Since when does punk rock mean blues-based punk? Does that mean The Ramones aren't punk rock? Let's not start the punk vs. punk rock debate again.
Quote by werty22
What's so ridiculous about calling them psychobilly? They're clearly influenced by rockabilly and a lot of their subject matter fits in with psychobilly.

Since when does punk rock mean blues-based punk? Does that mean The Ramones aren't punk rock? Let's not start the punk vs. punk rock debate again.

they rejected the label cuz it didn't even exist until after they formed...the arugment that they don't fit the label cuz they don't have an upright base is retarded. that's like saying the white stripes aren't garage cuz they use marimba in some of their songs. it's the style, not the instruments.
Last edited by turbomatic at Feb 6, 2009,
Maybe they rejected the label because psychobilly sucks and they didn't want to be associated with it.
My dad actually told me Lux died. And he doesn't know anything about punk. I'm shocked.

There goes another musician I loved.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by turbomatic
they rejected the label cuz it didn't even exist until after they formed...the arugment that they don't fit the label cuz they don't have an upright base is retarded. that's like saying the white stripes aren't garage cuz they use marimba in some of their songs. it's the style, not the instruments.

ahahaha
case closed

lets just talk about how great the band was from now on...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!