ok so ive recently started checking ebay for stuff. ive seen some really nice guitars and amps in my price range but i dont know what to buy first. i currently have a squier and a pocket pod with dunlop crybaby and the tone sucks. i want to have a nice guitar but the amp is extremely important. i origionally was going to get a guitar first but now im not sure. their is a marshall tube combo for like 400 bucks on there im extremely interested in. i have about 420 bucks saved up. any advice???

o and the amp is a marshall jcm2000 combo
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Last edited by uncboy19 at Feb 3, 2009,
Get the JCM Its well good.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
yeah im leaning twoards that. its a tough decision cuz there are some bad ass guitars i could get to. if i get both for under 600 bucks it would be awesome, cuz i can always sell my squier and old spider six to pick up 120 bucks or so.

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by uncboy19
yeah im leaning twoards that. its a tough decision cuz there are some bad ass guitars i could get to. if i get both for under 600 bucks it would be awesome, cuz i can always sell my squier and old spider six to pick up 120 bucks or so.

You might love the tone of your guitar more with a better amp. I say amp first all the way.
^^^
yeah but im seeing strats for under 200 bucks. but i guess theres more guitars than amps and i really want a tube amp. so i think im gonna get the amp. maybe my 2nd cousin will decide to give me his 63' SG Custom w/ tailpiece and tremolo that he hasnt touched in 10 years i want so bad. then i wont need a guitar. but can u imagine that tone? that would be sick

Quote by gregs1020

and it looks like i could get a strat and a blues junior in that price range. what do you guys think?

Quote by gregs1020

That seems like a great price on the amp. You can take your time and shop longer for the perfect guitar. The strats you are seeing under $200 bucks are probably not worth your while. You can probably get a decent American strat for around $500-600 down the road but you might not find that amp deal again. Don't get me wrong, I have played some Mex strats that blew my mind. I had too look twice to see MIM but I would want to have that in my hands to play it before i bought it because I have played some that were so-so. USA and MIM both.
i mean the deals good. but he wants 120 more for shipping. so its really like 550 bucks. ugh and i am so tired of my ****ty guitar.

Quote by gregs1020

Yeah I guess I didn't think about the shipping. It sounds like you are talking yourself into a new guitar. You could just get the guitar, sell your other stuff and then get an amp. Only you can make that decision. You can get a decent amp for $250 or so, like a Vox ad30vt or a Cube.
the auction ends in 6 hours so i have some time. maybe i can convince my mom to get the shipping. since this amp is discontinued and its the only marshall all tube i see in this price range i may have to just go ahead and get it. how much did these things run new?

Quote by gregs1020

are the avt hybrid marshall's any good. im seeing em pretty cheap even half stacks

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by uncboy19
are the avt hybrid marshall's any good. im seeing em pretty cheap even half stacks

I couldn't say. I've never tried one.
a 1500 dollar amp is pretty good for 500ish bucks. but its taken me a long time to save up the 400 bucks so i might have to sell my squier and buy my friends epi les paul special so i'll at least have something playable till i get some money for a nice one.

Quote by gregs1020

Plus you don't know what the auction price will end up being anyways unless it's a Buy it Now. It could shoot up another $150.00
Also, not knocking the Epi LP Special but, do you mean use your $ and the $ from selling your guitar to buy it? If so that's way too expensive for a special.
If you are not happy with your guitar I would upgrade that first. Having a guitar that you don't like can really put you off playing. Having said that if your guitar is OK and you are keen for a new amp go for it just make sure you know what type of amp you want and where you are planning to use it.
Go for the amp, then try to get the SG, if not sell your old stuff and get another guitar

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The amp makes up most of your sound. And the epi lp special is much better than a squier.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Quote by jcboomer
The amp makes up most of your sound. And the epi lp special is much better than a squier.

Right.

Wrong. A Squire could be better than an LP Special, especially if it's a good one.
amp is definatly more important, guitar can wait
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
k last minute advice please. amp is up to 470 bucks plus shipping with 10 minutes to go. should i beg my mom to pick up the difference???

Quote by gregs1020

k nevermind she wont help me. sucks. its up to 500 bucks with 6 minutes left tho if any1's interested

Quote by gregs1020

however there are tons of avt's im seeing. are they any good???

Quote by gregs1020

k so theres a fender hot rod deluxe @ 335 dollars rite now with 2 hours. the dream lives on for an awesome amp haha

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by TimBFMV
Get the JCM Its well good.

Oh dear god yes the JCM is amazing I want a 2000 super lead
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
some more last minute advice guys. is 340 bucks worth it for a fender blues deluxe 1x12

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by uncboy19
k so theres a fender hot rod deluxe @ 335 dollars rite now with 2 hours. the dream lives on for an awesome amp haha

I have one, it's not a Marshall, it's a Fender. Plus the OD isn't too good.

Oh wait, it was over an hour ago. Sorry.

EDIT: The Blues Deluxe that's 700 new? I'd have to say yes, although I don't think I've ever used one.
Last edited by voteforpedro36 at Feb 3, 2009,