This has got to be one of the most SEXIEST guitars to my eyes. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on her, She has this seductive, 'come play with me look. I just want to man handle her and make her weep

http://www.dotonshaft.com/product-details.cfm?id=1562

I've talked with the guys over there at DOS and they are really nice and helpful. Customer service isn't easy to come by now-a-days.

What do you guys think? Do I have odd taste, or do you see the beauty like I do?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Pretty sweet, check minarik guitars too, some of them are ridiculous, some are amazingly sexy
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Meh, I don't think it's the sexiest guitar I've ever seen. I like it, just not that much. But hey, everyone has opinions.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't see what's so special about it, but if that's the sort of thing that you're into, go for it. How can you be assured of quality though? You'd better try it.
Ugly.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Quote by mfkr
Ugly.

If lovin` an ugly guitar is wrong.... I don't wanna be right

It's just unique. I like unique

"
-Maynard

| |
its nice, but not unique, copying a les paul is not unique
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by MrSandMan
If lovin` an ugly guitar is wrong.... I don't wanna be right

It's just unique. I like unique

I thought you meant that tele/les paul doubleneck

holy crap its horrific
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
I will say that the top on it has some gorgeous figuring.Other than that it just looks like a fancy LP copy to me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Kumanji
Good lord that's cheap and beautiful... I want one

Since when is 1400 cheap? How much money do you have? ._.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
My friend has either that guitar or one similar to that and its pretty sweet. And ya their
customer service is really good. I have played 4 Dot guitars and they are all well made for what ever price range they are in.
Quote by Mike!

That one's nicer.

I'd have to disagree. I actually think that one looks awful where as i can tolerate the DOT one.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
It's ok. I usually can't stand Les Paul copies, but that is one of the better looking ones. Definitely not one of the sexiest guitars ever. I think I'll throw in my 2 cents here for sexiest guitar http://www.prsguitars.com/hollowbody1/index.html just pick anything from the Hollowbody series.
I can see the similarities of the DOS S2 having the "Les Paul" concept, but a copy, no way. The cut out of the body and color option is very different from a "Les Paul", let alone the headstock.

I can think of several other large guitar companies that manufacture true copies of the LP. Calling this guitar a "copy" of the LP is like calling Ibanez, PRS, Jackson and etc a copy of the Stratocaster just because the cut-out has a "similarly" different (yes, I used an oxymoron) shape.

Anyhow, it's fun researching and learning about different guitar companies that's not a household name, I think that's another appealing feature about DOS guitars. They're a righteous and growing company, and anyone who had the pleasure of talking with them know how customer orientated they are.

By the way, I just received an emailed from DotOnShaft, they got some new guitars in and are taking photos to add on their website, can't wait to see what's new!

Thank you everyone for your input.
"
-Maynard

| |
Quote by CapnKickass
hmm, change the screws to black ones get rid of the abalone and it might look alright.

Actually, I chose the chrome hardware, not gold (you also can choose black hardware). The albalone was one of the selling points for me.

They do offer a 'cheaper' (not lower quality, just lower price with less bling) Carparelli model [S1] with pearl inlays.
"
-Maynard

| |
Last edited by MrSandMan at Feb 4, 2009,
Bleh, I've seen much better. I did like that Grateful Dead tele though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by MrSandMan
Actually, I chose the chrome hardware, not gold (you also can choose black hardware). The albalone was one of the selling points for me.

They do offer a 'cheaper' (not lower quality, just lower price with less bling) Carparelli model [S1] with pearl inlays.

ahh, things are looking up . The gold bridge and pu covers are cool, I just don't like it dotted up with those screws. Pearl inlays and white binding would be my choice.
And I think it'd look better if the orange covered a bit more of the guitar.
Last edited by CapnKickass at Feb 4, 2009,
I almost took this one, but the tigerquilt seduced me.

"
-Maynard

| |