Just wondering what everyone listens to when they kickback and have a few buds?

Help me add to my collection...John Mayer is a good start.

Peace!
I know it's for really old people with no lives, but the ultimate chillaxin' music comes from "The Lighthouse Family".
Nothing soothes the soul like some Mahavishnu Orchestra

But seriously, probably some psych folk music.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Uhh.

Psalm by John Coltrane is possibly my favorite song of all time and probably the most "chill" thing I've ever heard.

Most reggae/ska fits the bill pretty nicely. Bob Marley and the Wailers, Toots and the Maytals, The Twinkle Brothers, The Congos, Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Dekker, etc etc

If going more of a rock route, look into the Eels, Moving Mountains, Appleseed Cast, The Smiths.. maybe even some post-rock/post-metal like Jesu, Neurosis, Envy, Gregor Samsa, Sigur Ros, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Yndi Halda, etc
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Last edited by JustMimes at Feb 3, 2009,
Bill Evans makes the best "chill" music, imo.

As far as rock goes, I suggest you look into post-rock bands like Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, and Sigur Ros.
I never "got" Explosions in the Sky or Mogwai to be honest. They always bored me to death...
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by JustMimes
I never "got" Explosions in the Sky or Mogwai to be honest. They always bored me to death...

Meh, I wouldn't consider them to be the best that post rock has offered, but they were the bands that got me into the genre.
Sublime - 40oz. To Freedom
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Sigur Ros - ()
City and Coulour - Bring Me Your Love
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Grizzle Bear - Yellow House
Not with my friends because they dont like any of the music i listen to.
But, when i want to chill out, BB King, SRV, maybe some Hendrix, and the slower, more relaxing Audioslave songs
laid back isnt my style to get high to, i like to think when im high.

Mahavishnu Orchestra
Frank Zappa
Emerson Lake and Palmer

really any jazz fusion or Progressive Rock.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Boards of Canada
Brian Eno
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by JustMimes

agreed
PF "Breathe" is the ultimate chill strummer..or "Time"..I love the change to am6 in "Time"...sends chills...such a great song to play acoustic