Page 1 of 2
Well, there's an SG thread and a Les Paul thread, so how about a thread for all of us cheap guys, huh? So tell me what Squiers you own, what you've done to them, how long you've had them, etc. And if you're some spoiled kid who only plays Gibsons or Fenders, don't come here and be all like, "You guys are sooo lame." So yeah. Let's talk about our Squiers!
Quote by SquierLolz
i made a thread on this

searchbar

He did but theres like 3 Ibanez Players Threads and theve all died so I guess it doesnt really matter how many squier ones there are.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I deserve the thread

i'm the squier guy
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
So am I! I have no other guitar except for a Squier. And it's been that way for 7 years.
SquierLolz

that means i am about squier lolz

cwutididthar
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
SquierLolz

that means i am about squier lolz

cwutididthar

I feel your pain dude Im like the ultimate ibanez enthusiast but I didnt start the ibanez players thread.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by gbgg9409
So am I! I have no other guitar except for a Squier. And it's been that way for 7 years.

really? nice man.
Nice, nice. I really like the Vintage Modified 50's P Bass. It's awesome.
ok let's settle for this thread

but if it dies out you die

kidding

i own a 2006 squier vintage modifed fat stratocaster
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I've got a 1997 Stratocaster I think. My brother started playing about then, and he never really got that good. He sold the amp to my neighbor who sells every instrument related thing he gets within a couple months (currently selling a bass and a halfstack) so I had to get a new amp for Christmas.

It's held up surprisingly well, and only has one ding in it.
Sweet. I own a 2002 HSS Strat. It used to be my sister's, but I got better than her, and she didn't really care about it anymore, so it's mine now!
Erm, if I can ask, why are you guys so loyal to a beginner brand? I compared my strat to a bunch of Squiers before buying it because of the high praise it had here and because I hate brand snobs, but honestly, even with an old MIM, there's no comparison.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I have a squier. it sucks monkey testicles. probably why i saved up my money and bought an sg.
Quote by connor045
I have a squier. it sucks monkey testicles. probably why i saved up my money and bought an sg.

How neccesary was this post its the most pointless post ive ever seen
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I don't only own squiers, I have a couple Ibanez guitars, and a couple copy guitars, and three squiers, and if I had to give up all but one guitar I would pick my black squier. It's basicaly unmodded, it has stock pickups, and one tone control, and I've installed in place of the volume and tone pots that were there, a kill switch, and a neck on button so I have 7 pickup combinations. I'll get pics up later. Also, if you guys are fans of squier you may want to check out this group right here http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/iheartsquier/
A better thread would be about who began their musical journey on a squier and state their guitar and such.

A thread like this is just people who use squiers for everything.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by necrosis1193
Erm, if I can ask, why are you guys so loyal to a beginner brand? I compared my strat to a bunch of Squiers before buying it because of the high praise it had here and because I hate brand snobs, but honestly, even with an old MIM, there's no comparison.

Who said I was loyal? It just asked for Squier users to unite, and here I am, as I can't afford anything yet.
I have 2 squier strats. A blue one made in like, 2001 maybe? and a black one I won at Sturgis signed by Steven Tyler
Quote by necrosis1193

Opinions are funny things, sometimes people have different ones.
i use mine for D standard br00t4l

see i use a squier for metal and it does it very well
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I think Squiers are excellent beginner guitars. I'm not trying to start a cult, and I'm not saying that's the only brand you can get. I just want to see what people have to say about their Squiers.
I have a Squier Standard Strat, it sits in my room collecting dust while I play my Fenders (a Jaguar and a Mustang).
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I had a Squier Strat, it was awesome.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I have a squier '51..after 4+ years, it's still my main guitar. Really good bang for the buck, it serves it's purpose and since it is my first electric, i don't think i'll ever sell it.

However, i have been saving up for a MIM strat..i've been thinking along the lines of a roadhouse, classic 50 or maybe an HSS strat..I will probably buy one next time i'm in the us.
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I started with a squire, started meaning I had it for 14 years before I grew up saved my money and got a Les Paul! It was fun, but so badly made and it sounded terrible. Mine is a chinese one, my mate had a japanese one and it was far superior to mine (although still not great). My frets are wonky, the neck moves, the bridge is outta shape......but to start learning with, the price is right for most people and it does the job until you decide you love playing and want to move on.
I've got a Squier affinity strat, it was my only gutiar untill recently, when I got my Fender. I'm planning on sticking a humbucker in the bridge at somepoint.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I've got a Squier Tele Custom II P90 which is a nice guitar. Easy to play and sounds fine. Also have more expensive guitars but I play the Squier frequently and it is nice for a change.
i have a cheap 100 dollar(actually its 250 but i got it on clearance) squier hardtail strat and its one of the best built and best sounding guitars ive ever played ive thrown it, hit my brother with it, and beat it with a hammer and it still sounds amazing and stays in tune really well
so not all squiers suck you just have to find the right one
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Quote by Rungej
I have 2 squier strats. A blue one made in like, 2001 maybe? and a black one I won at Sturgis signed by Steven Tyler

lucky!!!

I have my standard series that has been my workhorse for over two years now, it needs a truss rod adjustment now since the neck is visibly bent and also needs a good setup, but I have always really liked it.

Hopefully after the setup it will play as good as my Fender
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Resurrecting this thread...

I have a '94 Squier standard strat, and love the way it plays. Granted, it's about time for an electronics overhaul. It's so much smoother than any mexican strat I've ever picked up, and it was my first electric, which is why I'm upgrading it rather than selling it and using the money towards a real Fender.
Setup:
Ibanez GRG170DX
- D'Addario 9s
Squier Stratocaster
- D'Addario 11s
Kona Cutaway Acoustic
- D'Addario 12s
Kona K35 Amp
Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion Pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by gbgg9409
Well, there's an SG thread and a Les Paul thread, so how about a thread for all of us cheap guys, huh? So tell me what Squiers you own, what you've done to them, how long you've had them, etc. And if you're some spoiled kid who only plays Gibsons or Fenders, don't come here and be all like, "You guys are sooo lame." So yeah. Let's talk about our Squiers!

it's really annoying how people assume anyone with a gibson or a fender is a "spoilt kid" who only owns it because of the brand name.

Anyway, i like squiers. I have 3 of them, 2 of which are undergoing some modifications
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I own a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster. Bought it last week.

It didn't cost me any less than a used, excellent condition, Fender MIM Tele would have, but I tried several Fender MIM Telecasters (new and used), and two Squier CV50s Telecasters, and the Squiers were simply superior to the Fenders.

An American Fender Tele might well be superior to the Squier CV50s Tele, albeit at several times the price. But I'm primarily an acoustic player, and a cheapskate, so an American Fender just wasn't an option.

It surprised me, since my past experience with Squiers had led me to think of them as maybe "decent enough guitars for the money," but not actually "very good guitars, period." But hey, in light of convincing evidence, I was willing to change my opinion about them. I still find many Squiers to be underwhelming, but I can't deny that at least some are genuinely very good guitars.

And for $99, Squier puts out a Bullet Strat which I don't think measures up to the typical Fender MIM Strat, but it comes in what is more or less surf green (although they call it daphne blue), and how can you not like a $99 strat in surf green?
--
Michael

I didn't even remember posting here .

Anyway, i finally got to buy another (used) guitar in the US and am now the proud owner of a squier '51 and a SRV stratocaster made in 2006
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Page 1 of 2