So I was expecting around 700-900 dollars, but Some garbage came up and now im looking south of 400.

What of These 2 are better?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2206.html
Or
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi200-Alexi-Laiho-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=542076

my friend will be selling his Alexi200 soon and I could get a deal that way, but if the Agile is better I may as well do that one eh
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Id get the alexi especially if you can get it pretty cheap from your friend, ive heard good things about them but never played one although I did play his higher end model once.

The bridge end has that cut out that looks like itd be perfect for placing on your leg though
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
On the basis of tonal variety and the body's material (mahogany for the agile and basswood for the alexi-200)... the agile seems like the better option.

I can't really comment on the bridges since it is not my turf :P. I only use fixed bridges, so sombody elese might help you in that area. don't expect anything amazing, though.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Save up until you can get a better one? Do you really need a new one immediately?
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Quote by crimson moon
On the basis of tonal variety and the body's material (mahogany for the agile and basswood for the alexi-200)... the agile seems like the better option.

I can't really comment on the bridges since it is not my turf :P. I only use fixed bridges, so sombody elese might help you in that area. don't expect anything amazing, though.

Look at his sing, he already has a mahogany guitar.
If you like the Alexi then go with that. I played it and liked it, plus with it you'll get to know how to string/tune an FR which is a helpful skill.
Quote by crimson moon

Yeah its gonna be a licensed floyd made by either company usually they last anywhere from 1-5 years depending on the quality of the unit and how much you use it.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I have an Alexi-200, it's pretty nice.

However, the licensed Floyd Rose does not compare to the original, and you're probably gonna want to replace the stock pickups sooner or later.

If you're only looking at those two guitars, I'd say go for the 200.
I'd say go for the agile.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
+1 for the Agile
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Only thing is that the Agile has No case that fits it, so I would hafta dump extra money into a universal case of some sort.

and Im looking for this to be just metal, nothing but, no tonal variaties really. Just. drive AND TEH BROOTALZ!!1!!1!!one! haha just a lil joke but really just metal. I have my other guitars that are INSANELY versatile
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Also, hypotheticly Im considering selling my EC-1000.
If I did, the RR3 would be in consideration. What does that rank against the others? If I got the RR3 I would swap out the pickups to something like the 81/85 combo or maybe a pair of Duncan Distortion, maybe something Dimarzio idk.
Even with the the other 2(agile/alexi) I would swap out pickups eventually, as Ive heard nothing good about agile stock pickups and the alexi I like the sound of, but would put in a blackout for the extra drive
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
I should think that an EC-1000 would handle teh br00talz better than the aforementioned Alexi-200 and Agile.

Don't sell it.
Quote by Vastros
Also, hypotheticly Im considering selling my EC-1000.
If I did, the RR3 would be in consideration. What does that rank against the others? If I got the RR3 I would swap out the pickups to something like the 81/85 combo or maybe a pair of Duncan Distortion, maybe something Dimarzio idk.
Even with the the other 2(agile/alexi) I would swap out pickups eventually, as Ive heard nothing good about agile stock pickups and the alexi I like the sound of, but would put in a blackout for the extra drive

Wait, you didn't say you already had an EC-1000! NONE of the guitars you're looking at would compare to that, why are you selling it?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I said MAYBE selling it.

the reason is the Floyd rose.
and I also realized if I could get high enough for the EC-1000 I could get the Alexi 600.

And Also, sadly I dont play my Eclipse much right now. My gibson is overshadowing it. The reason I got the eclipse was because I had to tour with a bad back. My chiro said my gibson would screw up my back.

I love her but. Also, its not really a quality match issue, if it was I would get an RR24, as it comes with the 81 in it already.
I just love the paint job on the alexi better.

Also, Im not a huge fan of CoB. So im not being a fan boy in wanting it haha.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by AA00P
I should think that an EC-1000 would handle teh br00talz better than the aforementioned Alexi-200 and Agile.

Don't sell it.

It has the duncans in it tho, so it isnt really teh br00talz
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by Vastros
It has the duncans in it tho, so it isnt really teh br00talz

Duncans SCREAM dude they are perfectly fine for metal I like them better than EMG's actually.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
JB/jazz? They dont exactly do it for me =/
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
I just talked to my hook up and he said he could bring the alexi-600 down to 1000 if I could get the cash, so should I do that?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Yeah, One of my friends at the Paul Green School of Rock has the 600, another has the 200. The 600 feels a world of difference.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
this is just me but if you were really wanting a the alexi-200 you can get a alexi-600 right now on ebay for cheap (as in like 500-600) if you were wanting to save. I just don't trust licensed floyd roses except the edge pro and the ZR by ibanez or the gotoh FR's. Most licensed floyds are very cheaply made with not high quality metals. the sound of your guitar is greatly influenced by the bridge metal if you are using a tremolo.

there are great deals on ebay because of the current economy. just shop around instead of just settling.

edit:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220354643720&Category=33038&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2
Last edited by tikidrummer at Feb 4, 2009,