Before I start, I am NOT trying to do a slipknot.

My school does this yearly show with a load of different **** in it. Obviously they couldn't care less if you just sit there and play a solo, so I thought I'd add a load of stuff to my set, one of those being a mask.

Now, I have this latex chicken mask (don't ask why) that I would have used, but it wasn't very well designed, as it is impossible to see out of the eyeholes without half your vision gettin cut off, obviously not ideal for playing guitar.

It might seem an odd question, but has anyone tried wearing a mask for live performances before? If they have, or haven't, could they say what kind of mask it was and where they got it? I'm not looking for something extortionately expensive, just something that would make a performance more interesting without compromising being able to play well
chuckie mask
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
chuckie mask

something that won't scare the **** out of everyone
a joker face / or some African thing
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Feb 3, 2009,
If I was to wear a mask it would be a Friday the 13th, dawn of the dead zombie or leatherface mask, I just like horror movies a lot lol
Guy Fawkes perhaps?
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
You could go for one of the V for Vendetta masks. Bit cliché maybe.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
How about a face mask? As in with some sort of cream. Like the kind that middle-aged women use to make them feel like they're not getting old.
Just get a plain white one dude, like the guys from jabberwockeez or however u spell it
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
facepaint?

Get someone to paint your face up, then you can see fine and will still give the same effect, youll just have to go the whole set as Chuckie or w/e
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
At one of the gigs I did when I was at college, one band did masks and such. The bassist wore an owl mask which was hilarious, the drummer had comedy oversized sunglasses, and the guitarist wore a fez.

It was awesome.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Rather than masks, find someone that's really good with makeup to make you look like zombies.
This...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Just get a plain white one dude, like the guys from jabberwockeez or however u spell it
then make sure u make creepy movements. If u have a bassist/drummer playing with u (which u should try to do) get them to wear em as well
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
Quote by Jmz123
Before I start, I am NOT trying to do a slipknot.

My school does this yearly show with a load of different **** in it. Obviously they couldn't care less if you just sit there and play a solo, so I thought I'd add a load of stuff to my set, one of those being a mask.

Now, I have this latex chicken mask (don't ask why) that I would have used, but it wasn't very well designed, as it is impossible to see out of the eyeholes without half your vision gettin cut off, obviously not ideal for playing guitar.

It might seem an odd question, but has anyone tried wearing a mask for live performances before? If they have, or haven't, could they say what kind of mask it was and where they got it? I'm not looking for something extortionately expensive, just something that would make a performance more interesting without compromising being able to play well

I performed with a mask once, and I recorded loads of my youtube vids with it.

It was a plastic, white "face", cost me around,, €2 I think, and then I just spraypainted a pattern I designed on it.

Because it's just a face it doesn't really impair your vision or anything because it fits and all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FaustTheDestroyahr

You can see what I did to it there. It does take a bit of extra work, though.
Buckethead mask
Hanya mask
Jason mask
Wringwraith mask
scream mask
Phantom of the opera mask
goron mask
deku mask
zora mask
bunny hood
postman's hat
gerudo mask
hue

/thread

EDIT: sorry for huge pic
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
I performed with a mask once, and I recorded loads of my youtube vids with it.

It was a plastic, white "face", cost me around,, €2 I think, and then I just spraypainted a pattern I designed on it.

Because it's just a face it doesn't really impair your vision or anything because it fits and all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FaustTheDestroyahr

You can see what I did to it there. It does take a bit of extra work, though.

That's exactly what I need. Where did you buy that? Is there a name for that kinda mask besides "standard white mask"?
Quote by Widow6
Rather than masks, find someone that's really good with makeup to make you look like zombies.

Yeah, there are plenty of tutorials out there, and it's easy to do.

http://www.instructables.com/id/zombie-makeup/

But if you prefer a mask, again a Guy Fawkes (a.k.a V for Vendetta) mask would be cool.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
phantom of the opera, buckethead, daft punk or a pwer ranger helmet.
Quote by slayaplaya
Gaycore! Hell yeah! Br00talz!

LOL!!!!
I like Scotch...... Its good
Quote by slayaplaya
Gaycore! Hell yeah! Br00talz!

Trivium play with pink wigs??
🙈 🙉 🙊
Why would you want to wear a mask on stage anyway? Your face would get all hot and sweaty.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...