Anybody know what it is?
Is it unhealthy to play way over it?
Just wondering.. cause most of the time i play 6 hours a night, is this a bad thing? Or will I just improve faster than someone doing only a few hours a night?
Not time, efficiency.. Quality over quantity. Learn to practice and you won't have to set a time limit..

EDIT: But seriously, play as long as you want. Don't make yourself though. If you love the sounds you're making, you'll want to play more. I don't think you can play TOO much.
Quote by SylvaShredder
Not time, efficiency.. Quality over quantity. Learn to practice and you won't have to set a time limit..

EDIT: But seriously, play as long as you want. Don't make yourself though. If you love the sounds you're making, you'll want to play more. I don't think you can play TOO much.

What he said about quality over quantity.
And play as much as you want, as long as you enjoy it it's all good.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

You can never play too much. But make sure you play almost everyday or you won't improve. If you play 15 minutes a day everyday a week you will improve faster than 6 hours one day a week. But 6 hours everyday you will improve fasterer.
Okayy,

Yeah I know about the Quality over Quantity, but I add quality to my quantity.. and don't set my time limit.. But usually it'll be around 6 hours.

Thanksssssss anyway!

rather pointless thread i guess..
It's okay to do that, just don't go 6 hours straight without any breaks. If you don't take breaks in between, you'll ruin your hands and tendons over time.
Like everyone else said, its quality over quantity. It won't hurt playing 6+ hours, but it also might not be as helpful as playing for 30 minutes only, but being super focused during those 30 minutes. People in general have trouble focusing for long bits of time. I'm willing to be in those 6 hours a lot of what you do is playing the same stuff over and over that you can already play. If you can focus intensely though on exercises/learning for that amount of time though, you are going to be a rock star.

My focus limit is about an hour, and then I need to go to stuff I already know or that doesnt take as much focus.
It can only really be unhealthy if you start to get really frustrated with it if this happens you should stop and come back the next day. I usually practice for about 4 hours a day but it depends on my work schedule alot of times sometimes I only get 1 or 2 in.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I've learned to become very efficient with my practice schedule because between school,work,and the new baby on the way,I just don't have the time to play like I did back in HS.I actually don't understand how people can play for 5+ hours anymore,it's been that long hahah.Just don't overwork yourself and you should be fine.If you feel any kind of pain or problems in your fingers,hands,or tendons,then you need to stop immediately and let them rest since arthritis and hand problems are a guitarists worst enemy.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.