i always like avenged sevenfold
syn is good at guitar for a mainstream band, and some of his solo are amazing, but here he was kidna sloppy sorry syn

as for martin i couldnt tell kidna hard to hear on my comp

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
i always like avenged sevenfold
syn is good at guitar for a mainstream band, and some of his solo are amazing, but here he was kidna sloppy sorry syn

as for martin i couldnt tell kidna hard to hear on my comp

He's really, really overrated.
Quote by J.A.M
I believe Martin did work at TG at one time or another, so could be.

Also; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9en-HxX0IMU

I cannot believe some people get away playing like this professionally.

He's even playing with a wristband around the neck and still has noise..Unbelievable.

But in all seriousness, this will lead to flaming. Really noone cares.

TS why do you want to know if it's martin in the background?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 4, 2009,
even though this is in the wrong forum, Synester Gates is pretty good. Some of his studio work is pretty awesome, but yeah.. hes sloppy live, but gets too much **** on these boards.. theres lots of guitarists who are famous and worse than him
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
even though this is in the wrong forum, Synester Gates is pretty good. I don't see how anyone can deny his studio work is impressive

That's called good producing.

It's why 200 million people can listen to random pop songs, and still think it's extremely musical and good.

A studio is just a room, I don't buy crap that you "Can play better guitar in a studio". Producers can edit ur sound better in studio.

It's like photo shopping an ugly girl.

Make her boobs bigger, slimmer body, prettier eyes, fuller hair, make her face all smooth. Adjust the warmth of the skin colour. Enhance the lips.

That's what they do in a studio only then with sound.

It's like a magic trick. You are amazed if you see it, but once you saw how it's done ur like OOOOOOOOH that's how it's done.

This is the same, I been to real studio's and I saw what stuff they can do. It's pretty rad.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
That's called good producing.

It's why 200 million people can listen to random pop songs, and still think it's extremely musical and good.

Just like Dragonforce.

A studio is just a room, I don't buy crap that you "Can play better guitar in a studio". Producers can edit ur sound better in studio.

It's like photo shopping an ugly girl.

Make her boobs bigger, slimmer body, prettier eyes, fuller hair, make her face all smooth. Adjust the warmth of the skin colour. Enhance the lips.

That's what they do in a studio only then with sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjeDCa1y-WM

Watch said solo (at 3:59 if you can't stand the much).

I don't see anything wrong with his solo here.
Quote by Austyn6661
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjeDCa1y-WM

Watch said solo (at 3:59 if you can't stand the much).

I don't see anything wrong with his solo here.

Because it's overdubbed.

Don't you know how they make music dvd's?

Every music Dvd get's over dubbed and enhanced with compression and dry/wet mixes. They use the sound straight out of the mixboard (Pa), then re-record over it and then mix the dry and wet signal until it's enhanced without notice.

That's why the crowd is loud at the beginning, but u barely hear em throughout the song, yet the guitars and the band stay at EXACTLY the same volume.

If it's really live, then you can't just mix out the crowd noise. That sound is mixed with with sound of the band. That's impossible to separate.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Because it's overdubbed.

Don't you know how they make music dvd's?

Every music Dvd get's over dubbed and enhanced with compression and dry/wet mixes. They use the sound straight out of the mixboard (Pa), then re-record over it and then mix the dry and wet signal until it's enhanced without notice.

That's why the crowd is loud at the beginning, but u barely hear em throughout the song, yet the guitars and the band stay at EXACTLY the same volume.

No they don't. It's their concert, obviously their sound is going to be amazing. In fact, look up Second Heartbeat. He botches the start of the solo, and you can't any overdubs. The crowd volume is just the mixers doing their job. I wouldn't want to buy a DVD drowned in cheering from teenage girls (Which most A7X fans are, unfortunately).

EDIT:
Quote by xxdarrenxx

If it's really live, then you can't just mix out the crowd noise. That sound is mixed with with sound of the band. That's impossible to separate.

Yes it is possible. Their amps and drums are all mic'd up, going into said mixer. Unless they're using some sort of omni-directional mic, I can see it being very easy to mix out crowd noise.
Last edited by Austyn6661 at Feb 4, 2009,
Okay, why i watched when someone told me he was good, i don't know, i can sweep better than that.

...Yeah... But He's Famous an' your not

"An Augmented Fourth, Or Diminished Fifth, Depending On Your Outlook On Life"

Quote by Austyn6661
No they don't. It's their concert, obviously their sound is going to be amazing. In fact, look up Second Heartbeat. He botches the start of the solo, and you can't any overdubs. The crowd volume is just the mixers doing their job. I wouldn't want to buy a DVD drowned in cheering from teenage girls (Which most A7X fans are, unfortunately).

EDIT:

Yes it is possible. Their amps and drums are all mic'd up, going into said mixer. Unless they're using some sort of omni-directional mic, I can see it being very easy to mix out crowd noise.

Nvm you obviously never saw how a Dvd is made.

Come to Europe, and I show you around studio's, you could learn something.

Every music dvd is soundwise enhanced.

IF you don't' believe me;Check the same vid at 4:28.
The singer moves his mic down to his crotch yet the scream stays the same (actually slightly increases) in volume.

And I can point way more out if I had the entire DVD which I Won't do since you obviously to ignorant and base ur opinion on what you want to hear.

I hate when my predictions come true (first post in this thread)

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Nvm you obviously never saw how a Dvd is made.

Come to Europe, and I show you around studio's, you could learn something.

Every music dvd is soundwise enhanced.

I know you don't understand English that well, so I'll be nice. I said their sound would be enhanced, it's THEIR headline concert. They have people that are dedicated to EQ their sound, fix the levels, fix their tone... etc...

And don't be so condescending towards me. I come on this site to be educated and to help others, not to be talked down to.

Besides, we're off-topic. Fact is, he's an excellent guitar player, with excellent songwriting abilities, AND his style is better than most people on this site anyways.

EDIT: I used to think you were a nice guy. Unbelievable. Ever heard of Youtube video/audio lag? My friend has the DVD and it's perfectly fine. Pull your head out of your ass and realize that he's a good guitar player.
Last edited by Austyn6661 at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by Austyn6661
I know you don't understand English that well, so I'll be nice. I said their sound would be enhanced, it's THEIR headline concert. They have people that are dedicated to EQ their sound, fix the levels, fix their tone... etc...

And don't be so condescending towards me. I come on this site to be educated and to help others, not to be talked down to.

Besides, we're off-topic. Fact is, he's an excellent guitar player, with excellent songwriting abilities, AND his style is better than most people on this site anyways.

I didn't say anything about his songwriting and musical abilities.

I just said his GUITAR abilities. This site has people that can definitely play better guitar then him.

If they make better music or not is taste. That something popular doesn't mean it's good. It just means alot of people have the same taste.

I know for a fact that music for dvd's gets re-enhanced in studio's, because I have a few friends who do that.

And I have good ears, I can hear when they add a deeper reverb or a compressor, I can definitely tell you that they don't adjust that live.

I don't wanna be condescending, I'm just telling the truth about how it's done.

The link that TS posted is TRUE live playing.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Austyn6661
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-w-Jj88flw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edHJbnC39_I

Both not a DVD. I'm still not hearing what's so bad about his guitar playing.

The sound is totally drowned in those clips.

He's not the baddest guitarplayer, but he's not as good as people make him up to be.

Link that TS posted it straight honest in ur face. No band behind him or screaming girls to distract.

If you can't hear the string noise and notes ringing through each other and that open E that at least 7 times makes a sound, then you should check ur ears, or you just want to hear what you want to hear.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
^

I really wouldnt expect anyone to be able to judge his playing on such low quality vids.

TS's vid on the other hand, WAS very sloppy.
Post any vids of synyster playing raw and unedited like TS's video.

Those are the only videos' where you can say it's 100% him.

Preferably video's like TS's where he's talking, cause you can't add compression then or the voice gets ****ed up.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I don't think the solo is impressive even in the studio, it just has seems like he picks random notes and has no sense of melody. Anyway what annoys me about these guys when they play live is they always **** the harmony up with the guitars. And the singer blows and singing.
I'm trying to post videos from '08, as he WAS sloppy back during his City Of Evil days. We could put every YouTube vid of him from '07, then you would go off on a tangent and say how sloppy he was.

But he's improved, a lot, but apparently that's not allowed in here, as that would mean somebody else besides a Scandinavian neo-classical death metal guitarist would have skill.

blueriver, watch anything from '08 and tell me that they sound bad live. And your opinion about his solos is just that: an opinion. Lots of people think he's an excellent guitar player.

Nevertheless, xxdarrenxx, I'm apparently not going to change your mind on his playing, and you're sure as hell not going to change mine, so let's let this thread die and stop clogging up the forum. K?
Quote by Austyn6661
I'm trying to post videos from '08, as he WAS sloppy back during his City Of Evil days. We could put every YouTube vid of him from '07, then you would go off on a tangent and say how sloppy he was.

But he's improved, a lot, but apparently that's not allowed in here, as that would mean somebody else besides a Scandinavian neo-classical death metal guitarist would have skill.

blueriver, watch anything from '08 and tell me that they sound bad live. And your opinion about his solos is just that: an opinion. Lots of people think he's an excellent guitar player.

Nevertheless, xxdarrenxx, I'm apparently not going to change your mind on his playing, and you're sure as hell not going to change mine, so let's let this thread die and stop clogging up the forum. K?

I was talking about the Afterlife video. I have seen alot of footage of them, and saw them in San Diego last year. They always butcher the harmonies. And lets be honest, the new guitar solos are not that good. Especially Afterlife. Even the solos on Waking the Fallen sound better. Lots of kids like him sure, that doesn't make him good it makes him popular.
Quote by blueriver
I was talking about the Afterlife video. I have seen alot of footage of them, and saw them in San Diego last year. They always butcher the harmonies. And lets be honest, the new guitar solos are not that good. Especially Afterlife. Even the solos on Waking the Fallen sound better. Lots of kids like him sure, that doesn't make him good it makes him popular.

If you can make a solo that lots of people like, logically it should be a good solo right?

And I saw them on Taste Of Chaos in Maine, and it was near perfect. So maybe they had an off night I guess?
Quote by Austyn6661

I'm a guitarteacher, it's my duty to learn my people non slop playing. If I'd play as sloppy as him, I'd be without a job.

Quote by Austyn6661
If you can make a solo that lots of people like, logically it should be a good solo right?

And I saw them on Taste Of Chaos in Maine, and it was near perfect. So maybe they had an off night I guess?

30 million or w/e amount of people like Miley Cyrus, do you think she a better singer then everyone that sells less then her?

millions of people like 50 cent singing Candy shop, lick my lollipop, I'm a ******. And basically "raps" about how he uses money of people that buy his cd's, to let him party for free his entire life.

Do you think 50 spent years of practice in songwriting to achieve those lyrics? You must be joking mate.

America is pretty funny country

/thread

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Austyn6661

Possible i suppose. Though I still hate that solo

To each his own.
Quote by outsamahface
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPiz-kOf1h8

Skip to 3:10 if your too lazy.

EDIT;

Nvm, let this thread die, it's not worth it.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by outsamahface
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPiz-kOf1h8

Skip to 3:10 if your too lazy.
Oh god, I just watched that after listening to some Joe Pass.

**REPORTED** for being in the wrong section. Don't post after me, because if the mods agree with me (that this thread shouldn't be here) you might get warned.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Each to their own, but Syn is good. You're just watching **** videos, I mean look at Eddie Van Halen when he was drunk off hsi nut - not good either.

Also if you have actually seen him live he is fine, it doesn't come down to the production.

But like I said man, not trying to tell you Syn is the greatest or anything, but he's here to stay I can see that for sure.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Each to their own, but Syn is good. You're just watching **** videos, I mean look at Eddie Van Halen when he was drunk off hsi nut - not good either.

Yeah, but that doesn't make Synster any good.

The thing about videos is what you see is what you get. Live at a concert, you'll have adrenaline pumping through your veins, and the sound may be poorer because of where you're standing. This can cloud your judgement, whereas with a video, things are clearer.
Call me Batman.

Grow up honey.

Why do people take it so personally when someone insults their favourite guitarists?

Seriously, Syn isn't that good technically, and no-one bashed him for anything that he isn't obviously trying to correct himself.

And speaking of "not warmed up slop", check out what Rusty Cooley can do not warmed up. Holy mother of god.