Hello, Im considering buying a Washburn V200 Pro - E. Emg 81 & 85, Grover machineheads, 24 frets rosewood, maple neck, tunomatic bridge with strings through body. All that really doesnt matter becuse I want people that have allready played the guitar to answer, and give me your opinions. Also if I buy the guitar Im going to put an original Floyd rose. So, thx in advance. PLEASE HELP!
Attachments:
3 - Copy.jpg
I don't know if it's the angle or what, but that V looks... fat? And I wouldn't put a floyd rose in if I were you, because you'll lose a lot of sustain, and if you mess up, there's little chance of fixing it.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
it looks excessively fat
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theacousticpunk
And I wouldn't put a floyd rose in if I were you, because you'll lose a lot of sustain, and if you mess up, there's little chance of fixing it.

+1

Also putting in a floyd rose require a HUGE amount of work. Routing the body for the bridge, altering the nut for locking bolts and finding a bridge to fit it perfectly. It's just way too much labour when you could just buy a new guitar with a FR already installed.

The Washburn 200 series all come with agathis bodies which isn't very promising. They do come with decent hardware but the body might put you off. (Agathis isn't that great, it's mainly used on starter guitars).
No, its really not that fat, and a professional guitar maker is going to put in the floyd, so Im not worried, here is a pic in a better angle. I always thought that strings thru body means that it is thin enough to put in a Floyd. Was I wrong?
Attachments:
1 - copy.jpg
Why don't you just.

1- Get a guitar made of good quality wood.
2- Of the shape you want.
3- With EMGs and Original Floyd (or Schaller or Gotoh) stock?
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Why don't you just.

1- Get a guitar made of good quality wood.
2- Of the shape you want.
3- With EMGs and Original Floyd (or Schaller or Gotoh) stock?

Becuse this is the one that has the right price, fits my budget perfectly, and it has EMGs and Grovers which is great. And this is the only guitar that has great hardware and a price, out of all the guitars that ive got to choose from, out of the music shops that are convinient for me. I dont trust the internet shops becuse of the delivery and I dont plan to drive for days and days to just MAYBE buy the guitar, witheout already knowing which one I want. This one is really perfect for me. I dont want to buy a stock Floyd becuse therye alway licensed, which stands for "bull****", and this has stock EMGs and grovers. If Iput the Floyd in than the Hardware in unbeliveable, but it seems to me that the wood is the only problem.
Quote by Cooler777
Becuse this is the one that has the right price, fits my budget perfectly, and it has EMGs and Grovers which is great. And this is the only guitar that has great hardware and a price, out of all the guitars that ive got to choose from, out of the music shops that are convinient for me. I dont trust the internet shops becuse of the delivery and I dont plan to drive for days and days to just MAYBE buy the guitar, witheout already knowing which one I want. This one is really perfect for me. I dont want to buy a stock Floyd becuse therye alway licensed, which stands for "bull****", and this has stock EMGs and grovers. If Iput the Floyd in than the Hardware in unbeliveable, but it seems to me that the wood is the only problem.

Let's think. How much would it cost for a luthier to route out the bridge for a trem and alter the nut, and install a trem? Hmm... An OFR trem as well.

With that cost, you could get a guitar with decent hardware, wood AND an OFR.
Thin bodies aren't necessarily the best things for a FR bridge there, home boy. With all the workings in the back and all that, an FR would seriously jeopardize your guitars strength and integrity at the body.