yes, three and a half tone bend. idk if there is a thread on this or something similar to this, i searchbarred and there wasn't any thread on it. I sucessfully pulled off a 3 1/2 tone bend on my 3rd string. i bent the string at the 12th fret and made it sound as if i were playing the 19th fret. after 2 of these bends though, it threw out my 3rd string's tuning since i don't have an FR or locking tuners. Has anyone else here that has ever done a 3 1/2 tone bend?
It's possible, with really light gauge strings. It -would- throw your tuning though, because of the stretch.

Is there a point to this?
so you just broke your G string for an ambitious bend? i think that's pretty dumb, biggest bend i ever made was like David Gilmour in ABITW 2 solo

oh, the tunning!
silly me.but still, i would ever try it, i seriously dont need to brake any of my strings
I pulled your mum.

3 and a half times

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i would be to worried of breaking my string or having the string slice through my finger. Although i just use a trem so...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
yes.just now.on the same string to see if it was possible.
its not massivle hard,just use 2 fingers as you normally would for a large bend
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
I do that every time I change my strings in order to stretch them out, so yes. Shouldn't hurt tuning bad if you stretched your strings already, and have solid tuning pegs.

Edit: If you snap your strings doing this, then they probably need changing anyhow. Either that, or you have burrs in your saddle, or nut.
Last edited by Vykk Draygo at Feb 3, 2009,
I just tuned my high e to an octave lower, I just did an octave bend, noob.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by nickyjohnson
yes.just now.on the same string to see if it was possible.
its not massivle hard,just use 2 fingers as you normally would for a large bend

I use 3 fingers its even easier
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor