Me and my band practice at my house in my living room ... it was all good , untill my neighbors started calling the cops on us. Today is the second time the police have came to my house , i have done all i could wih reducing the noise , we're just to ****ing loud with a drummer.

So im wondering what to do ... I dont want to pay a fine , but we do need to practice .

Anyone else having this issue lol :\ ? What do ya do lol ?
Did they ask you to turn it down first?

Cos if not then they're serious douches.

And if so....
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
If I had a drummer next door rehearsing daily after I asked him to relocate I would be pissed.
sound proof the place
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
No ... i get no warning at all from my neighbors .

lol im 16 , i cant afford a rehearsal space (unfortunately :\ )
thats why bands start in basements.
but tbh you should find a new space to practice. Maybe the drummers house cause his neighbors are probaly used to the noise.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Either sound proof the room or get electric drums.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
[quote="'[TF"]kyoshiro']No ... i get no warning at all from my neighbors .

lol im 16 , i cant afford a rehearsal space (unfortunately :\ )
On another day they asked you to shut up, you are wrong here. Daily noise from neighbors sucks, get over yourself.
yeah electric drums and get a job for rehersal
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Get him those uhm...what are they called...the brushy drum sticks. I hope you know what I mean. Those really help. And dampen that **** I guess. Or just pay a little cash to get into a practice room.
Don't know how things are in the states, but over here there are a few places that hire out rooms with all the gear for about $15 an hour, which isnt bad for weekly practices spitting the price between members

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
tell the drummer to get drum mutes? or dont play so late in the day. my practice time is limited from 2-5 and the only time ive had the cops show was the day after thanksgiving when we were playing at like 6 at night.... in my garage. which we still do on a weekly basis. DRUM MUTES. Done.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
practise in the street. maybe people will even throw money at you so you can get lessons.
That happened to me in my first band. We were practicing for our last gig when all of a sudden cops show up where we were practicing and told us we couldent practice ever again there. it was fine becasue it was out last practice as a band anyway. we were breaking up but we were practicing for a final gig.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
my cousin is a drummer and a cop came from 3 streets down telling him to stop playing... he was in his garage that wasnt even open... he hits the crap out of the drums....
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Tell them that you'll call the cops on them for disturbing the peace. I mean, they're disturbing your playing time right?
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by bendystraw
On another day they asked you to shut up, you are wrong here. Daily noise from neighbors sucks, get over yourself.

not at all ... they just called the cops . I do realize i am at fault for being so loud , thats why i made this post.

I was considering those brushes , but his double pedal is pretty loud ... So im just going to buy an electric kit (byebye schecter tempest lol) ... thanks for all the reply's ... except for bendystraw's
Quote by Jehuty
Get him those uhm...what are they called...the brushy drum sticks. I hope you know what I mean. Those really help. And dampen that **** I guess. Or just pay a little cash to get into a practice room.

fficial&hs=DTo&q=hot+rods+drums&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title">you mean hot rods?

'cause if so, then I wholeheartidly agree
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
[quote="'[TF"]kyoshiro']

I was considering those brushes , but his double pedal is pretty loud ... So im just going to buy an electric kit (byebye schecter tempest lol) ... thanks for all the reply's ... except for bendystraw's

You could just tell him to stop using the double kick... Not only would your noise problem be taken care of, your double kick problem would be taken care of
Oh of course. Everythings the drummers fault.

Get a practice room, pad the walls. Or even get electric drums. Tell your neighbors what is going on and try to reach an understanding. Practice at someone elses house. Drum mutes help, too.

Oh and if your a rock/metal band brushes are a bit weird. They're not usually used it that type of setting. And, the don't really work on the cymbals and toms well.

Also, you can maybe tell him to hit not as hard, and ajust his bass drum beaters so they don't hit as hard (move them closer to the head).
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Last edited by metal overlord at Feb 3, 2009,
[quote="'[TF"]kyoshiro']not at all ... they just called the cops . I do realize i am at fault for being so loud , thats why i made this post.

Yeah, ignore bendystraw.

I thought there was a specific time you could make noise like say 1-9pm or so.. at least it's that way here.
How about if the drummer puts towels over his drums, this should lower the sound a fair bit, Don't knock it till you try it.
And if I would have been a bad man
You would have seen the good in me
You would have seen the other
The good man I could be
But since I am a good man
The same was all the same
Nothing I could do, nothing I could do