Does anyone own one of those RC2 loop station pedals?

What exactly can be done with it? Is it like, I can plug in and play and it will record my stuff then play it back and play other stuff over it? Can the recordings then be transferred to a pc or anything? Or would I be better off with one of those guitar port riff tracker things for recording my own noise?

Thanks
My friend has one and he records riffs on it then plays them back in a loop through his half stack. He then goes on his drum kit and plays drums over his own riffs. Pretty cool stuff.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Try playing both guitar parts on South Of Heaven.
Try and harmonize with yourself in real time.

If you want to save stuff, play its output into a computer (it might actually have a 1/8 out).

The Digitech Jamman has usb. It basically just saves .wav files on non volatile ram. Shows up like a hard drive. Not sure how this one works.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 3, 2009,
IDK bout the direct out, but this is what I use my RC-20 for.

-Making backing tracks to jam/practice solos

-Running it through the effects loop to push the power amp, resulting in kinda like an attenuation deal (not quite sure exactly what it does, but it sure makes the clean channel break up early and the drive channel gets boatloads more gain)

-Recording riffs I think are cool, so I can have them for band practice later

- Making backing tracks out of songs the band could prospectively cover.

I found the RC-20 a lot easier to use than the JamMan. But that's just me
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by stratman_13
IDK bout the direct out, :

You totally can. If you happen to record something you want to keep, go right into the 1/8' line-in on your sound card. The sound cards line-in should be able to take up to a line level signal (if the signal is even up that high).
Quote by stratman_13

I found the RC-20 a lot easier to use than the JamMan. But that's just me

Me too. But I couldn't deal the way it shows you what preset you are on and where it's going. I couldn't sit there and count the flashes.

With the added three button foot switch the Jamman is sweet. You just scroll left and right and the other switch toggles the record. The two pedal switches do the start stop. 99 presets and the LED screen alone made it better for me.
^

Yeah, I will concede that. I mean, I found the RC-20 easier to use for what I use it for. I will never, ever use it for a loop onstage unless I absolutely have to. Onstage I just use it for the power amp pushing I mentioned above.

In a live setting, I'd take the JamMan over the Boss any day of the week
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i saw once a 2 piece band and the guitarist only use the loop station with a les paul double neck(pretty sure it was custom made bass and guitar) and it was a pretty awesome show

im getting a loop station soon

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by Nagashiro
i saw once a 2 piece band and the guitarist only use the loop station with a les paul double neck(pretty sure it was custom made bass and guitar) and it was a pretty awesome show

im getting a loop station soon

sorry to be off topic but was the band Gov't Mule?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.