are they worth getting at all?

They all seem to offer quite a bit for not a lot of money which really makes me question the sound quality. I'm only playing a little less than 6 months, so i obviously dont want to spend more than 500 bucks on effects. Right now im just plugging my epiphone les paul ultra right into a vox tube amp and i need some effects to spice up my playing.

I was looking into getting a cry baby wah and a distortion pedal, when i noticed i could get one of these for the same price. Like i saw the digitech one models a cry baby and an ibanez tube screamer and has a bunch more stuff in it too. From the looks of it seems Boss, Line 6, and digitech are the main manufactures in this category. Any recommendations in that price range...

Also can anyone (briefly) explain to me how exactly these multipedals work? are they all digital or what?
Yes, they're digital, and no, they don't sound as great as getting, for example, an actual Tubescreamer.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
about how much less is the sound quality coming from one of these compared to the real pedals. Is it a "WTF huge" difference or "really gotta listen closely" difference. If its the latter (or close to to it anyway) im gonna buy one.
I've been using my Rp-80 and I'm satisfied with what my tone comes out to. But I'd say try em' out or you might not like what you get.
A multifx will suit you fine. No matter what you buy you will be jones'n for something else later. You'll save a lot of money, especially if you buy used off Craigslist or even eBay. Tons of deals out there.
I tried out a Boss ME-50 at my friends house, and I just ordered one off of guitar center yesterday. It can do everything you need it too.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
ok gonna get one. i wonder if i should get the digitech or the boss, both seem to have similar features so i guess its a matter of quality now
Quote by wisdom_cube
ok gonna get one. i wonder if i should get the digitech or the boss, both seem to have similar features so i guess its a matter of quality now

Go try them both out.

I'd still recommend individual pedals over any multi-effects pedal.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Go try them both out.

I'd still recommend individual pedals over any multi-effects pedal.

Individual pedals are better long term, I mean 2-5 years+. TS, are you going to be gigging or bedroom playing? If your bedroom playing, you should go with the MFX. Gigging, go with the individual pedals.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
Individual pedals are better long term, I mean 2-5 years+. TS, are you going to be gigging or bedroom playing? If your bedroom playing, you should go with the MFX. Gigging, go with the individual pedals.

i will only be bedroom playing for a quite a while. I don't doubt that i may join a band or play live sometime in the future, but for now just technique building and playing for fun.
Last edited by wisdom_cube at Feb 3, 2009,