Pit, I have a serious problem. I was playing my beloved Pokémon Gold, but I had to stop because I was going out. So I saved my game, and when I came back, IT WAS GONE! It simply erased itself from the cartridge. So I figured ehh, it's old, I'll just play my Crystal. But my Crystal is doing the exact same thing! Every time I start a new game and save, it just erases itself from the cartridge. I've been playing my Blue and Yellow since, (which, imo are the best ones) but I really want to get my Gold and Crystal working again.

Is all hope lost for the region of Johto?
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
So, you think it's a Pokemon problem?
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by dsotm73
Pit, I have a serious problem. I was playing my beloved Pokémon Gold, but I had to stop because I was going out. So I saved my game, and when I came back, IT WAS GONE! It simply erased itself from the cartridge. So I figured ehh, it's old, I'll just play my Crystal. But my Crystal is doing the exact same thing! Every time I start a new game and save, it just erases itself from the cartridge. I've been playing my Blue and Yellow since, (which, imo are the best ones) but I really want to get my Gold and Crystal working again.

Is all hope lost for the region of Johto?

the internal battery for the memory died
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Quote by Mattylightning

Recharge it with some electric pokemon.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Mattylightning

Yeah, it's a problem with the 2nd generation games. This is why they should hurry up and remake it for the DS. Thankfully, my Silver still works.

My Crystal's dead and I lost my Gold.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i didnt even have official copies, they were engrish that i got 8 months before the release date, but they didnt fit in the gameboy properly, so i had like, 3, with the games permanently in two, but, they died also
Quote by Rockford_rocks
My Blue still works and saves perfectly, maybe it's only the 2nd gen games.

Yeah, my Blue's fine too. It's just G/S/C.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Rockford_rocks
My Blue still works and saves perfectly, maybe it's only the 2nd gen games.

My red stopped working a few years ago, maybe you guys are just lucky?

Quote by NoBC14

Really? I've never heard of one just not working anymore, apart from the 2nd gen.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by NoBC14

Well, I bought my Blue used last summer from a used game store. Still works perfectly, I guess the other owner took care of it, even though I found a bunch of glitchy Gameshark-esque stuff on his saved file before I started a new game.
Quote by SteamMaster
they were engrish

I ruv engrish
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Yes, the internal battery died (the one that keeps your saves on).

Just crack the case open, pull out the watch battery, and replace it with any other watch battery. Problem solved.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by NoBC14
Well, it works but the internal battery is dead so saving is pointless.

Yeah, but mine saves. I could go pick up my copy and play my awesome file if I wanted.

I think I had...

Blastoise
Dragonair (It's close to evolving, Lvl. 52 or so.)
Exeggutor
Arcanine
Jolteon
One other I forgot, possibly Nidoking.
the exact same thing happened to my game I believe that it was the programs that built in a time limit that shuts it down and erases it when the time is up!
Quote by rhcp_freak
Yeah, it's a problem with the 2nd generation games. This is why they should hurry up and remake it for the DS. Thankfully, my Silver still works.

My Crystal's dead and I lost my Gold.

thankfully all of my games arent played to the point of where the internal batteries die. but yeah remakes for the ds would be nice
Quote by Fzau
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
It's just useless.

Happened to most Silver/Gold cartridges.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Bulbapedia says:
"Copies of Pokémon Gold and Silver typically lose the ability to save after a period of about seven years, due to the internal battery running dry. However, the battery is replaceable with another one of the same kind, although replacing it will reset the game's data. This problem appears less often with the introduction of Pokémon Crystal. "
thankfully there are emulators and ROMS now. also has anyone tried that chinese pokemon orange game? i heard its kinda like an orange league thing
Quote by Fzau
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
It's just useless.

oh dude, that happened to my silver. My precious pokemon. My Blastoise from my yellow lvl 100 with no rare candies Now that i remember all my pokemon were lvl 100 with no rare candies on that cartridge. And they are all gone!!!!
Shame cause they are wicked pokemon games silver and gold.