hello gb&c. i may be getting a jazzmaster soon. either the classic player or a pawned one that i may be able to find...

anyways.... i was thinking i may want to put some sort of p90 in it, either that or one of SD's many types of jazzmaster replacement pickups (hot for jazzmaster, classic for jazzmaster). i began listening to sonic youth quite a bit lately, i love the cleans and i know they use JMs pretty frequently. but i also love the tone of a p90... do you see the dillema here? i actually want both tones, but am not sure how id really go about doing that...

... ive been thinking of getting some customs... a stacked JM p90 HB that can be split. but that costs money, and a lot of it. something i am without at the moment.

thoughts?

***im only looking for comments from people that have experience with the pickups mentioned. if youre reading this and are thinking abot linking me to SD's site then GTFO because ive already been there amd all youre doing is wasting your time.
why are you so set on changing the pickups? they are pretty perfect as they are IMO
The new classic players jazzmasters have hotter p-90 style pickups in them. That is one of the things that put me off them slightly. But definitely more rock friendly. Try one out if you can.

And ava adore is an amazing song
Quote by supergerbil
The new classic players jazzmasters have hotter p-90 style pickups in them. That is one of the things that put me off them slightly. But definitely more rock friendly. Try one out if you can.

And ava adore is an amazing song

well here the deal, ive never gotten to PLAY a jazzmaster, due to where i live. all im going off of is what ive heard in sonic youth records and off of youtube. so, what youre saying is that the new pickups are hotter? that is interesting to say in the least xD. i need to make a trip to the music store in one of the larger cities near me, and get them to order one to try out1 or just pray to god that theyll have one.

and yes im rather fond of ava adore the music video really is what makes the song for me though lol.
Yeah, the pickups are hotter and therefore better for rock. If they still weren't hot enough you could replace them, but from what I played, they were great for rock (just lost a tiny bit of the chime).

I recommend trying one out. They are great guitars to play.