im looking into maybe getting a gibson les paul studio and i was just curious on what one of these weighs
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
honestly it feels heavy but after awhile you get used to it
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

check it out for yourself. guitar store is a good place to do that

Guitar Center Scottsdale
8949 East Indian Bend Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85250

an exact weight figure would mean nothing because of the distribution

you have to hold it
It's all about feel
the ones made after 2005 (or 2006) have chambered bodies and probably weigh about 6-7 lbs. Seriously, they're not that heavy. I've played a few les paul studios that probably weighed over 10 lbs, but those really more the exception than the norm. Mine weighs 8.5 lbs.

The weight of the les paul should not be enough to deter you from buying one if you want one. 1) Because they're not really that heavy 2) even the heavy ones are not that bad. Seriously, it's not like you're going to hurt your back playing your guitar.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 3, 2009,
Mine is around 8lbs. It get uncomfortable after a long period of time but its not that big of a deal.
Sig What?
most les pauls are REALLY heavy, i had the oportunitey to get a used studio for $650, and it wasnt to heavy, a little lighter than the standards, its slighty heavier than an epi standard (which is the one i chose over the studio, i actually like the sound better)
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12
Quote by Pac_man0123
I think mine is about 8 1/2 lbs.

Not that heavy tbh.

My studio was made in 2007 and it weighs 9 pounds.

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio EMG 81/85

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by TripleR26
most les pauls are REALLY heavy, i had the oportunitey to get a used studio for $650, and it wasnt to heavy, a little lighter than the standards, its slighty heavier than an epi standard (which is the one i chose over the studio, i actually like the sound better)

Actually they aren't. I don't know where this idea came from... I've seen more les pauls in the 8-9 lbs range than in the 10+ lbs range.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by al112987
Actually they aren't. I don't know where this idea came from...

The fact that they are usually mahongany arent they?

Dont freak out if Im wrong im the ibanez guy not the gibson guy
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Sure but seriously 8 or 9 lbs is not REALLY heavy. I'm 5'9 and I weigh just under 150 lbs, so I'm skinny, and even I have had zero problem with the weight of a les paul, and I was originally a strat player.
Quote by al112987
Sure but seriously 8 or 9 lbs is not REALLY heavy. I'm 5'9 and I weigh just under 150 lbs, so I'm skinny, and even I have had zero problem with the weight of a les paul, and I was originally a strat player.

Yeah im not saying they are really heavy im just saying thats prolly why people think they are. My RG is basswood its kinda heavy alot heavier than the alder jacksons ive played thats for sure. Im 6'1 135 lbs btw.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by al112987
the ones made after 2005 (or 2006) have chambered bodies and probably weigh about 6-7 lbs. Seriously, they're not that heavy. I've played a few les paul studios that probably weighed over 10 lbs, but those really more the exception than the norm. Mine weighs 8.5 lbs.

The weight of the les paul should not be enough to deter you from buying one if you want one. 1) Because they're not really that heavy 2) even the heavy ones are not that bad. Seriously, it's not like you're going to hurt your back playing your guitar.

Mines 8.5 too
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by al112987

Ha im 5'11 and a little over 130.

but yea its a good guitar but make sure to play a few and if you go to that Gc don't play that white custom they have in the glass case, it's in such bad shape.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
i think they weigh pretty nice,

then again i love heavy guitars, it feels good to hold.

also- im 5'5 and about 120 lbs, yes pathetic, and im 16 :[, i need a growth spurt
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Feb 3, 2009,
I can't really see myself playing a Les Paul... sitting would help lol. I'm only 5'4.
Seriously though, just get a wider strap.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Its not that bad really I had a 69 LP (back when people cared about their work they built things strong and good) Weighed about 9-10lbs maby a little more. It didnt bother me a whole lot.

LOL Shut up people you make me feel fat!!! Im 5'11" 195
Quote by DimeLvR
Its not that bad really I had a 69 LP (back when people cared about their work they built things strong and good) Weighed about 9-10lbs maby a little more. It didnt bother me a whole lot.

LOL Shut up people you make me feel fat!!! Im 5'11" 195

Im 6'1 and about 140 at my highest weight
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
ha. i'm 6'3

the les paul studio is seriously not that heavy at all. just get a nice comfortable strap and you won't even notice its there(well not literally )
I weighed 130 before my freshman year at college and 150 after that first year. Last two years I've just been between 140-150. Weight isn't a huge problem, I eat pretty healthy nowadays.
ok thats cool, yeah i was actually hoping it would be heavy as hell, i hate guitars that feel like they are going to break if you pick them up. im 6'3 and weigh 220
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
A light guitar does not mean that it's not solidly built, I've played plenty of heavy guitars that just felt like ****.

Usually heavy les pauls tend to have a dark tone and somewhat muddy and flubby bass. It's one of the reason's I like the new chambered les paul, it gives it just a more resonant, open, airy tone.
Quote by 4_string_fury
ok thats cool, yeah i was actually hoping it would be heavy as hell, i hate guitars that feel like they are going to break if you pick them up. im 6'3 and weigh 220

.....your a monster lol you should get a schecter, i heard they are really indestructible.
Quote by kckyle
.....your a monster lol you should get a schecter, i heard they are really indestructible.

i used to have a schecter s-1 and i have a schecter revenger 7 string, they are good guitars but i like the LP tone
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn