Where do you buy your gear? I'm in the Comm Ave area and I'm in the market for a new electric guitar and amplifier. Specifically, I'm looking to buy an American Stratocaster. Any suggestions on shops I should visit? No Guitar Center, I never want to go back there.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
why wont you go back to GC ?..........
they can help you with you guitar purchase but dont get fooled on buying a ****ty amp to go with it and ALWAYS say the brand that you want, say " I want a FENDER stratocaster" not " i want a stratocaster" they will manipulate you to buy a squire instead.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Hmm.... There's Daddy's Junky music, there's Mr. Music (in Allston i believe), and I think Nitro Tone Music is in Cambridge. Never been to Nitro Tone, but it sells a lot of stuff GC doesn't sell. Mr. Music is a pretty small store, but I've been there twice and I'm pretty sure they carry Fenders. The guys in there are pretty nice, too.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Check out Mr. Music in Allston.
Daddy's on Mass Ave every now and then.
Craigslist
There's a couple of interesting shops in Cambridge around Porter Sq.
The GC in Boston actually has some cool amps.

I'm selling a few things.
PM me for a list.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 3, 2009,
Oh, and I wouldn't go to Daddy's if i were you. I really don't like the people there.
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
If you dont like sales tax, its prolly worth the drive to Salem NH for the Daddy's up there.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Also, look on Daddys website for used gear. They can do store transfers, and they have a 30 (maybe 15) day return policy.
Quote by CephalidHunter
If you dont like sales tax, its prolly worth the drive to Salem NH for the Daddy's up there.

I dont think anyone likes sales tax.
Dude, I can't believe nobody has said Boston Music Works (I think it is) that's the only place around with boutique amps. I'm pretty sure they've got diezels there.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
Dude, I can't believe nobody has said Boston Music Works (I think it is) that's the only place around with boutique amps. I'm pretty sure they've got diezels there.

well he is only looking for a Fender Strat and i think that he doesnt need a Boutique amp like diezels
feel free to add me
Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. I'm going to visit Mr. Music tomorrow to see if they have anything I like.
Quote by Soul Eater

I love you.
I've never heard of this store, I go to their website and they have soooo much boutique stuff! I wanna go wicked bad!
for anyone interested...
http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=BGWI

bad cats
Plexies
bogners
fuchs
dr. z s
soldanos
diezels
ETC.

when me and my family are visiting my cousins in Massachusetts im gonna go to that place.
feel free to add me
Yep, that's the place I was talking about! Looks Friggin sweet from their site, but I've never been.

And to the other comment, a shop can't survive off of boutique sales alone, of course they sell more popular stuff too.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Mr. Music is pretty good. If you are looking for a Fender then I would suggest that you go to The Guitar Stop on Mass Ave. in Cambridge. They have a web site that you can see but the prices in the store are lower than what is advertised on the site. Also a little further north is Performance Music Center in downtown Woburn. They are also excellent and have a great selection of Fender Guitars.
so the consensus then is to look at Mr. Music and Guitar Stop... thanks again i'm about to go now to have a look. and I know i said no guitar center but I'm going to check them out anyway, i know they can sometimes give good offers if you talk them into it.
Nothing wrong with going to GC but I usually just use them to test stuff out and then I order it online or at a local shop. There are some good deals at GC but I get turned off when I look up at some brand new guitars on the wall and can see the scratches with the bright lights shining on them. Their stuff takes a beating from everyone trying them out.