What's the best 2x12 Marshall Cab? I'm thinking about getting one becuase I've decided to get a Marshall head too. I can't have a 4x12 so it's gotta be a 2x12 that will be good for playing pretty much anything from clean to distortion. Preferably a good cab for the classic 80's Marshall sound. I'm thinking of a 1936?
If you are in the USA then check out this site http://www.avatarspeakers.com/ you can get a 212 with whatever speakers you want it in (you don't REALLY need the Marshall logo do you)

If in Europe though I'd say the 1936-V (with Vintage 30's) would be a good bet, but to be honest you can get a Framus 212 with the same speakers for cheaper, it just doesn't have the Marshall logo on the front.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Why would you get a Marshall? Aren't the newer ones made of particle board? Go Avatar if in the US like suggested.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Why would you get a Marshall? Aren't the newer ones made of particle board? Go Avatar if in the US like suggested.

Only the AVT, MG, MC, and 1936 (the 2x12) are made of MDF and are all a little sketch.

I wouldn't buy any cabinet lower than a 1960A/B model.
Quote by al112987
Only the AVT, MG, MC, and 1936 (the 2x12) are made of MDF and are all a little sketch.

I wouldn't buy any cabinet lower than a 1960A/B model.

That's what I was referring to. I personally wouldn't buy a Marshall cab, but if I did I wouldn't go lower than that either.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Marshall 1960 cabs can be had for good prices used, I got mine for $350. It gets the job done, when this economy gets better I will probably go for a Mojo or Stone Age cabinet, but until then the Marshall works fine for me. The stock speakers are crap though, I'm getting rid of them ASAP.
Yea, there was one my friend almost bought last week here for $150. It was just torn up cosmetically, it worked fine. I'd rather get a 2X12 but I just prefer the smaller size, I love the tone of a 4X12.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT