I need help picking out a new guitar. Im looking for more of a Schred guitar than anything else. Thinking of an Ibanez RG350 DX? pros cons? I'm picky towards that "body style/shap" and i really want a whammy bar. What other options are out there? also i'm looking to spend as little as possible however i won't be afriad to spend 700-800 on a keeper. Thank you!!

Chris
Gear:
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 BLK w/ EMG 81/60
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
My best friend has one and swears by it. Ibanez are known for fast necks anyway. Plus 2 hums and a Floyd Rose. Like I said, he loves it, and he does tons of sweeps and stuff so its sumthin to look into.
I love my Ibanez RG370DX. Not sure of the difference between the guitars.

My favorite bit about the Ibanez is the feel. I love the slim, fast neck and the low action.
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
avoid any ibanezes with the Edge III tremolo. it's poor, goes out of tune and unreliable.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
i was worried about tuning for sure! I play alot in CGCFAD, and im getting into C#F#BEG#C#
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
i own a RG350 MDX and i love it to death. but i was kinda lookin at steppin up to a Futura Prophecy, this , just cuz it would be about the same to change my pickups to the EMGs. I say go for it. its a sweet, fast guitar. but if you can find a Schecter C-1 FR for 800, take it. ive had my ass kicked many a time for tryin to steal my friends.
I lol'd you've been warned
Jackson Dinky DXMG. It has EMG's (passive, but they own), a Floyd Rose, a super fast neck with compound radius (it's thinner at the nut than at the body) and it looks great.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Schecter C-1 w/ FR.. $800.00 bucks? i wish. around these parts thats unheared of.
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
i have ibanez s520ex and i love it. i've been praising it above my gibson lp. definitely a shredder's guitar. another excellent choice imho is the s470dxqm. same features as mine but you also get a single coil between the humbuckers. xtremely thin & lite. zero point tremolo with tuner lockers keep you in worry-free tune. my own experience/ my own opinion.
Thank you sw1ss, I'm honored to be in your signature

Considering this topic has the words "Ibanez" and "RG350DX" in it, I'm amazed that LethalDosage has yet to fap all over it He owns one and he loves it, so I'm told. But yeah, for shredding, you gotta go Ibanez. Jackson necks feel like toys.
nice and well the RG350DX is easy on the wallet too. $513.99 here. not too mention the white and the pickguard are easy on the eyes.
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
just thinking i may. Thanks for all the help everyone!!! nothing like online peer pressure :P haha. but seriously. thanks!!!
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
ya but tack on shipping on that etc etc. I live in Alberta Canada so.. plus i want it in my hands now. lol. i'll go over to Axe. they treat me well there.
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
Quote by LazyBum
musiciansfriend. 400 buy it there

The price I posted beats yours by a cent!!!! OH DAMN
lol. also i guess might as well ask another question. I use Elixer Light-Heavy strings? yay or nay? what do you recommend for a schred guitar.?
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
Strings are whatever your preference is. I play a bit of shred on occasion, and I always use Dean Markley Blue Steel 10-46 guage no matter what style of music. Some use Ernie Ball, some use D'Addario. It's all in your own preference, man.
ive had awesome luck with my elixer so i'll keep using them.
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
Last edited by uptheirons17 at Feb 3, 2009,
lol. sorry... right on rock on?? no... doesn't do it.. hmmm...
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
rock on mother****ers...simple, gets the point across, and in the eighties would've gotten Tipper Gore's panties in a bunch with her warning labels
The 350DX is great I own one the edge 3 is kinda finicky but im replacing it with a gotoh over the summer just cause I love how the thing plays.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
So i just got back from trying it out. She does handle and sound very nice!! what made me not buy it right there was that dang tuning issue. Apparently you can't have it in standard tune one moment then drop C the next due to that FR. And aprently it takes alot of work to do so. So... buy it. keep it in standard tune, and learn Vai, Yngwie, etc etc. or Keep looking... although i notcied somehting weired. BTBAM ( Between The Buried And Me) the one guitarist, he uses a Floyd but he always seems to be switching tunes? does he not? And either way i now i'm going to decrease my flexability in tuning with a FR.. So i don't know what to look for.. if i should be ...
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic