of course, but you might want to buy a fat strat
Fender Stratocaster Highway One
Digitech GNX 4
Laney Lx65R
Look up Iron Maiden's gear.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
There really needs to be a "yes, strats can play metal" don't post about it in the rules. I've seen too many of these in the past week.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
2 words
Iron Maiden

of course you can, but I agree with the other guys, buy a Fat strat or at least sumthin with a bridge hum. I am waiting for my Lonestar Deluxe to come in, has a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates so thatd probly do good metal tones.
Quote by SilverchairFan
2 words
Irom Maiden

I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
You will get alot of hum, and low sustain. It depends on the model an HSS probably, without any hum on the humbucker, and I believe some newer ones have better sustain.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
You will get alot of hum, and low sustain. It depends on the model an HSS probably, without any hum on the humbucker, and I believe some newer ones have better sustain.

a lot of sustain comes from technique as well. But yes, newer strats, especially American ones have great sustain.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by lespaul#1

+1
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
Quote by Chris_Parker

I like your first name.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo