anybody heard of this brand of marshall?

is it any good?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by grifff
Basically all amps nowadays are MOFSET. It just means they are more efficently cooled and are more reliable.

is there any specific brand for marshall under this name though?

cause i see a good deal for one. but im not gonna buy it if its of mg quality
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

I believe it is a solid-state, supposedly much better then the mg, however I have never played a Mosfet, there's a couple different models, combo and head version.

How much is it going for? Unless it's ridiculously cheap, I would advise you to wait a bit and buy a nice tube amp.

What's your max budget? willing to buy used? styles, genres, favorite players/bands, etc...
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by grifff
Basically all amps nowadays are MOFSET. It just means they are more efficently cooled and are more reliable.

I don't know if most modern amps are MOSFET. Certainly the good ones are such as Randalls though.

MOSFETs are a special type of transistor that have smoother distortion characteristics and supposedly sound more like valves.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
whoops i mean 275

still good?
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by funkymonkz
I believe it is a solid-state, supposedly much better then the mg, however I have never played a Mosfet, there's a couple different models, combo and head version.

How much is it going for? Unless it's ridiculously cheap, I would advise you to wait a bit and buy a nice tube amp.

What's your max budget? willing to buy used? styles, genres, favorite players/bands, etc...

and buy a nice tube amp? are these not good?

max budget is around 600

i play usually with alittle crunch or distortion. sometimes i use alot of dist for stuff like metallica and various other metal bands
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

$275 sounds like a pretty decent price, however for $600 you could get a Peavey Classic 30, Randall RG50TC, used JCM 800 or 900, Blackheart Handsome devil, all these amps are capable of that crunch you speak of and all are capable, some with an od, to get the metal tone you want.

If you are not gigging then you could look at a Blackheart Little Giant, or a Blackstar HT-5H, although I"ve never played the latter, it seems to get decent reviews.

edit: Take a look at Traynors also, the YCV50 Blue is fantastic, as are all the other models, they can definitely do what you want, and are relatively cheap.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Last edited by funkymonkz at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by funkymonkz
$275 sounds like a pretty decent price, however for $600 you could get a Peavey Classic 30, Randall RG50TC, used JCM 800 or 900, Blackheart Handsome devil, all these amps are capable of that crunch you speak of and all are capable, some with an od, to get the metal tone you want.

If you are not gigging then you could look at a Blackheart Little Giant, or a Blackstar HT-5H, although I"ve never played the latter, it seems to get decent reviews

used jcm for 600? i wish

i usually only find marshall DSLs for that price. blackheart handsome devil you say? i saw an ad for one. how good are they?
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by al112987
Marshall DSLs are JCM2000s...

not an 800 or 900

theres a noticeable difference
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Last edited by koalabacon at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by koalabacon
not an 800 or 900

theres a noticeable difference

Not as much of a difference as you probably think. JCM800s and 900s are both overrated.

Besides, outside of a handful of amps from 1980 on, the JCM2000s are (imo) better than a lot of the JCM800s and 900s.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by al112987

Besides, outside of a handful of amps from 1980 on, the JCM2000s are (imo) better than a lot of the JCM800s and 900s.

i agree

however imo 800s and 900s have slightly better tone, but the DSLs and TSLs get better gain.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

It's not a matter of gain, the JCM900 has more than enough gain on tap for any style and but both the DR and SLX lines sound weak and fizzy and just are not that good at all. I don't care much for the JCM line of Marshalls as a whole outside of the 2203s and 2204s, but the JCM2000s sound pretty good, imo. They obviously don't sound the same as a JTM45 or Super Lead, but they're solid amps that are versatile and sound good in their own right.
Quote by al112987
It's not a matter of gain, the JCM900 has more than enough gain on tap for any style and but both the DR and SLX lines sound weak and fizzy and just are not that good at all. I don't care much for the JCM line of Marshalls as a whole outside of the 2203s and 2204s, but the JCM2000s sound pretty good, imo. They obviously don't sound the same as a JTM45 or Super Lead, but they're solid amps that are versatile and sound good in their own right.

whats your idea of a good amp?
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

do you know how good the mosfet series are?
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

I mean, they're just your usual run of the mill solid state Marshalls from the 80s. They don't really sound that hot imo, but I'm a bit picky. With a max budget of $600, you're better off getting something like a Traynor or used JCM2000. Unless a cab would have to be included in that budget, then I'd go for something like a Peavey.
275 isn't a bad price for the mosfet marshalls. they actually sound quite good, especially for the price. push comes to shove, you could probably sell it and get a tad more for it.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I have seen them go for alot lower... Mosfet 100 for $199 and Combos usually go for $150... Check around for a better deal that extra cash could come in handy later...

alright. ill trust you on this.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.