If I was going to pinstripe my guitar, would automotive pinstripe tape work? If I removed it would it damage the finish on my guitar. It's a plain black finish.

I'm looking for something a little metallic silver looking. Not just plain white tape.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
i had black electrical tape on my guitar for like 5 months covering the hole where the 3way toggle was and i took it off like a week ago and it didn't leave any damage. stuff was pretty sticky so i'd imagine car tape would work fine.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i had black electrical tape on my guitar for like 5 months covering the hole where the 3way toggle was and i took it off like a week ago and it didn't leave any damage. stuff was pretty sticky so i'd imagine car tape would work fine.

Good Point, I see guys covering their empty neck pickups with duct tape.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
i put a duct tape racing stripe on my squire strat to imitate the stripe on the fender mustangs. it doesnt sound that badass until u see it, but anyways, i havent taken it off to see if there is any damage but hopefully there isnt. from what these guys have said before me i doubt there will be, so thanks for unintentionally helping me
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Yea I'm going for (DONT LAUGH ) a synyster custom kind of look. Not exactly the same though. I'm getting a Jackson DK2S, so I'm thinking of spicing up my Hellraiser with some pinstripes.

So from this:

To this (minus the crappy pickups and gaudy inlays of course):

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Feb 3, 2009,
Thats a nice idea. I hate the syn shecter.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Thats a nice idea. I hate the syn shecter.

+97. i never could understand the appeal of the shecter syn.

pinstriping you're hellraiser could look cool, or it could look weird, i'm not sure how i feel about it yet. if that's the look you're going for though by all means go for it.
I never could understand the appeal of Synyster Gates...

It would be a lot of work.

Automotive instriping tape should be fine, just make sure that it is compatible with the paint you use!

Or else paint-demons will chop off your penis during the night.

Well, actually, it will just ruin the paint job...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by ethan_hanus
take it to an auto paint shop that custom paints and have them paint realistic flames on it.

What is the point of this post?

He wishes to pinstripe his guitar, and is curious about what tape to use...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
i'm guessing that if you removed this paint it would leave goop just like anything else, but other than that it shouldn't cause any damage to the paint with all the clear coat they put on top of that finish
I'm thinking maybe red stripes, I think that would look sick.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
is your avenger black cherry or black ? my screen is kinda dark.
Quote by mikeyElite
is your avenger black cherry or black ? my screen is kinda dark.

Black. If some of you are misunderstanding me I'm not going to actually paint the pinstripes on. I'm just gonna use the vinyl tape, I saw a guy do it on his jackson and it looked fine. Plus if I change my mind I'm not screwed.

I'm not hating on syn, I am a big synyster fan, just not a fan of his guitar. It's a bit too gaudy for my taste. And I would change out the invaders cuz they sound puketastic, so it would be a waste to get one.

Like I said I'm thinking red, like this:

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Feb 3, 2009,
i've always loved the way red and black look together, good choices. the only reason i was questioning how it would look is because i thought your avenger was black cherry. now that i know it's black i think it'll look pretty awesome.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Yea I'm going for (DONT LAUGH ) a synyster custom kind of look

Hell yeah, close enuf to my Syn Standard. Its going to look good on on the hellraiser too. and the blood stripes look better

And my friend uses tape, not sure what kind, but it hasnt damaged his.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Red on black is so boring... try like.... dark purple on black, now THAT would be badass.
Quote by synystagates
Hell yeah, close enuf to my Syn Standard. Its going to look good on on the hellraiser too. and the blood stripes look better

And my friend uses tape, not sure what kind, but it hasnt damaged his.

Awesome. This will be a cool project. I like the idea of red. Maybe one with some sort of texture.

EDIT: PURPLE IS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! I really like Gold too.

Here is a color chart:

http://www.stewartdesign.biz/vehicle-graphics/metallic.pdf

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Feb 4, 2009,
Cool mist met would be pretty awesome red has been done to death and will look like you are just copying syn.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Lycan_Ste
Cool mist met would be pretty awesome red has been done to death and will look like you are just copying syn.

I don't think many people have seen the red. That's the only pic in existence where I have seen it in red. I've never seen him play live with guitar.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with purple.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Haven't you seen the beast and the harlot video? I just think something lighter will look better than purple but hey your guitar!

gold would look pretty sweet, if you don't go with red.
Quote by Lycan_Ste
Haven't you seen the beast and the harlot video? I just think something lighter will look better than purple but hey your guitar!

AHHHH..... Good point. My bad, been so long since I've seen that.

It's just tape. I may buy like 3 colors and try them out. Or I may not do it at all.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Haha its cool dude i was just saying i havent seen it in a while either, purple blue and red i would say Just post pictures if you do!

Quote by Necrophagist777
Yea I'm going for (DONT LAUGH ) a synyster custom kind of look.

I thought that when you said about the colour of the guitar and the colour of the pin stripes you wanted.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
part of what makes a pin stripe suit so badass is that the stripes are very subtle. syn's guitar looks kinda cool, but the striping hits you in the face way too hard. whatever you do use thin lines and a shade that stands out a little against your finish. it would look sick as hell.
Having different thicknesses helps too as in evh's guitar for instance