I just had a question on the electronics . So I took my Gibson faded V apart just trying to find out the pickup types.but in the process a wire seemed to have slipped out. I have searched around and people have said that its the ground wire. Should this be connected somewhere? Because when i put it back together today i noticed alot of static coming from my amp but it seemed to stop when i placed my finger on the guitar chord.


The Wire
yeah this looks like a ground wire, its most likely suppose to go on the bridge
Should it be soldered to the bridge in the wiring?
Last edited by B_T at Feb 3, 2009,
Yearsh, I think that's the bridge ground.

Don't quote me though, I can't see anything well in those pics.
The bridge and nothing else?
Last edited by B_T at Feb 3, 2009,
Yes. Just the bridge.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Yes. Just the bridge.

It needs to be grounded to the back of one of the pots as well.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.