I downloaded an update and got the program running.
Now I am just waiting for my code to upgrade to the full product.
YAY!
The program sounds awsome and has almost zero latency.
It a nice solid compact interface and it comes with a ton of really great crap!

I would recomend it to anyone as long as your not to easily frusteratable (is that even a word?) It just took some time to get it running.

-Ryan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went ahead and bought the interface. sweet deal = full upgrade to guitar rig, and a 100 bucks off any guitar I want (les paul studio!)

anyways, now I am having trouble. alot of trouble.

I can't get the software activated. It says its connecting to the internet, then at the bottome says connected and that its performing a self update. I have quit and started several times and its now currently been running for an hour. What the crap is going on?

I NEED HELP!

I have played around with the demo and the sounds are insane. Soooo good. I need this to work.

-Ryan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Native-Instruments-GUITAR-RIG-Session-FULL?sku=703278

So, has anyone heard anything about this interface?
What do you all know about guitar rig software in general?

Needing basic thoughts that you all have.
Hit me up.

-Ryan
Last edited by Jared R. Boyd at Feb 9, 2009,
BTW...there is a promotion that allows a FREE upgrade to the FULL Guitar 3 version from the Lite one that comes with sessions. Not a bad deal considering GR3 (FUll) Software only is usually 299 USD...and sessions is 199 - plus has the USB interface.

Sorry I don;t know more abou this product...so ...BUMP!!!
I have never used it but have heard good things about guitar rig. I have heard if you go the software modeling route than go with guitar rig or amplitude.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I'd avoid it, 2/3 of my experiences with it seemed to have bad signal input, confusing settings and generally bad tone.

Sadly, the new Line6 software (the upgrade from Gearbox) has some unbelievably feasbale tones, even for low tuned high gain settings, and its easy as pie to use!

Mike
Went ahead and bought the interface. sweet deal = full upgrade to guitar rig, and a 100 bucks off any guitar I want (les paul studio!)

anyways, now I am having trouble. alot of trouble.

I can't get the software activated. It says its connecting to the internet, then at the bottome says connected and that its performing a self update. I have quit and started several times and its now currently been running for an hour. What the crap is going on?

I NEED HELP!

I have played around with the demo and the sounds are insane. Soooo good. I need this to work.
Have you contacted NI? Because that would seem to be the way to go here.
There is poetry in despair.
I have, and now I'm on there waiting list to respond to my email. I also have posted on there forums, but again it has to be approved before it will even post.

I let the program run all night long, and still nothing.

-Ryan
This sounds extremely annoying. I don't think it will do anything, but have you tried reinstalling the drivers and the software, and checking on their site to see if there is an update or patch which can help you with this ?
There is poetry in despair.
Got it up and running!

There was an update. I found it and then saw this, but ehh Thanks for helping anyways!
much appreciated.

Now I just have to wait to get my serial code for the full version!

There is no latency, the sounds are amazing. I am so happy I got this working. They just need to get the updates easier to find!

-Ryan
Hey Jared, Congrats!

I went with the same deal...but got $100 off some monitors (plus the Guitar Rig 3 full version update.) Basically the price matched the musicians friend deal, that was giving away a cheapo Dean Guitar. This thing does sound sweet and can't beat the deal!

Only problem I have is that someone already registered the GR3 and so I have to wait for a new serial number....this is what happens when you go cheap and get an open box!

BTW...the new NI drivers allow session and GR3 to work with Vista 64...and it does work, I'm using it...although in demo mode.
Last edited by damnedone at Feb 9, 2009,
Yep.
The whole processing thing for NI is kinda lame. They take forever to respond to stuff. (lol its been a day, but yeah it feels like a long time)

Do you know how to get the download for the full version to work?
I'm really confused if I should put in my code that it sent me and use that for now till I get the other code, or if I should just wait.

-Ryan
I don't know, sorry. I can't even get it registered (since the open box I purchased was already registered.) I just talked to the manager at Guitar Center and he is getting me a new one that will be in tommorrow.

Perhaps the NI forums can help, as I know the NI support desk is slow as hell. Or you can call (323) 467-2693...which is the support line, but plan on a half hour their!

Let me know how it works out for you!
Right on man, Ill be calling tonight.

The forums are the same as asking a question via email since all posts must be approved before they get posted. = lame

Good luck with getting the new box and getting everything installed, if you have issues with the service center program used to install, go to the website and download it from there. The one on the CD is old.

-Ryan
well am planning on starting up a new recording rig and i am planning of getting guitar rig session and NI are making a very good deal that if i buy guitar rig session before march 31st i can get the full guitar rig 3 software for free so that means i get all this
Guitar rig usb interface
Guitar rig 3 sotware
Cubase LE4
Kore player
KORE soundpack pop Drums
all the for 130£ [ they have dropped the price on guitar rig session at my guitar shop] is just a practicly stealing
My Gear

Guitars: Jackson DK2t ,
Amp: peavey valvking royal 8 - 5 watt combo
Effects: Zoom g2.1u , Line 6 pod xt
Quote by Dhmking
well am planning on starting up a new recording rig and i am planning of getting guitar rig session and NI are making a very good deal that if i buy guitar rig session before march 31st i can get the full guitar rig 3 software for free so that means i get all this
Guitar rig usb interface
Guitar rig 3 sotware
Cubase LE4
Kore player
KORE soundpack pop Drums
all the for 130£ [ they have dropped the price on guitar rig session at my guitar shop] is just a practicly stealing

Yeh, you can't beat the deal! And the NI Vista 64 Drivers are now working (in case that matters too you.) Oh, and I got the FULL Guitar Rig 3 Update in ONE day after emailing my receipt!!! NI Support just emails back a valid Serial Number and your set to upgrade to the Full Version. I was worried I would have to wait months - like I normally do for rebate stuff.
I use Guitar Rig 3 a lot, as well as Amplitube (all of em including AT 2, AT Metal, AT Hendrix, X-Gear, etc) - I also have an older one by NOMAD called ROCK AMP LEGENDS that I bought a few years ago - I've been using RAL lately - I forgot how good it really is. It's got a sound that is amazing as well as loads of effects too... it's a Plug-in only (no Standalone) and I usually record with Logic Studio on my Mac - check it out - the PLEXI and the RECTIFIER presets are really convincing.

http://www.nomadfactory.com/products/vamps/rock_amp/index.html
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Update for everyone:
-I got everything up and running for the most part. I still havn't recieved my upgrade to the full version yet however.
-Cubase LE kills my computer. I'm not sure why. I downloaded new drivers and that helped, but it seems to be overloding my comp like crazy. Reaper never did this, and I'm considering switching back simply because it was so much quicker.

Just so we know this deal is bassically stealing.
If you order from musiciansfriend you get a free guitar as well.
or if you price match with guitar center they give you $100 off any guitar you want.

I walked out of guitarcenter spending $555 and enough gear to have cost $900.
Yay.

Now I need to remember to not let this distract me from going to class anymore lol.

-Ryan
Hey Ryan,

I would submit another claim for your upgrade and just reference the old ticket number. Also, you may have done this already, but there is a special order form to upgrade from:: http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=salegposuppfrm&L=1

You must submit a copy of your sales receipt in ZIP format.

Sorry if you have already done all of this, and I am just repeating...but you should have your upgrade by the next business day (or two) ... and on the NI forums, it seems like several folks have had to "resubmit" request for Full Apgrade.

I am suprised to hear about Cubase, but then again it is prolly a pretty powerful program. I just use NTrack or FL Studio...so never tried Cubase.

Hope you get things sorted out! and Enjoy!
Yeah, I did that. twice now.
first time it told me (after a week) that I wasn't registered.
Which I was, but under a different email address.
So now it looks like it will be another week or two. I called NI and the rep told me that they were really bogged down right now, but I should get my code via email within a week or two.

Thanks for helping out though.
appreciated.

-Ryan