Hey UG,

I have about £120 to spend on an Mp3 player. i don't really want to get an iPod again, I 'd fancy a bit of a change. I'd like a fair amount of memory. I just wondered if anyone could help me pick?

I'm thinking either:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-X-Fi-16GB-Wireless-Compatibility/dp/B001C9VZKM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZ-S639FB-Video-Player-Tuner/dp/B001FB56PC/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233705220&sr=1-14

I've been looking at the review but I still have questions, cheers so much if you CAN help:

How fragile are either of these? Good lifespan?
Can I use either with iTunes?

Ultimately, which is better/less glitchy/easier to use etc?

Any and all help appreciated, thanks a lot

PLOP
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9

You'll be the bee's knees, bro.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid

You'll be the bee's knees, bro.

Seriously though...
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
I was about to make a similar thread, I want a cheap one with about 30GB memory, anyone have any ideas?

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
I would go with the Creative Zen, looks cool and different than your average iPod

Quote by PLOP
Hey UG,

I have about £120 to spend on an Mp3 player. i don't really want to get an iPod again, I 'd fancy a bit of a change. I'd like a fair amount of memory. I just wondered if anyone could help me pick?

I'm thinking either:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-X-Fi-16GB-Wireless-Compatibility/dp/B001C9VZKM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZ-S639FB-Video-Player-Tuner/dp/B001FB56PC/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233705220&sr=1-14

I've been looking at the review but I still have questions, cheers so much if you CAN help:

How fragile are either of these? Good lifespan?
Can I use either with iTunes?

Ultimately, which is better/less glitchy/easier to use etc?

Any and all help appreciated, thanks a lot (Invalid img)

PLOP
today there was a deal for a 30gb zune for 100 bucks on newegg. they sold out already though.

I bought my 80gb zune off ebay, "used" with buy it now for $135 with shipping. Had the first 3 seasons of House on it . I thought it was a good deal. Then I got a cover + ac, usb, and car charger off amazon for 13 bucks.
dont get the sony, i have it and the MP3 player is amazing, but hte software you need to use for it, which is sonic stage, ****s you over in about 6 months and will lag and slowly kill your computer, take this as a warning, get the creative, i actually might get that it looks sweet and it has LAN so that means i can load music from my home network instead of hooking it up.
I've always liked Creative way more than iPods. I only got an iPod for the larger hard drive.
You're*
if you don't want an Ipod, get a Zune.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
I had a Creative Zen before my iPod nano, and I wouldn't reccomend it THAT much, although it is okay..

Interface isn't as flashy as iPod, no video, photo or anything; just music (which may not matter depending on your needs). No cover flow!!!!

It's super ****ing fat and heavy, which is a bit of a minus...

Never drop it, because I assure you, it will ****ing break.
And even if it doesn't break physically, if the screen freezes or the software crashes, there's no safe way to restart it. You have to take out the battery, which is probably not that good for it.

Other than that, it's fine. It even has a seperate battery, instead of an internalized one.
teh seperate battery is a good thing, so if the battery over time starts to die quicker, which does happen, then you can replace it instead of send it in for 50 bucks and get it replaced...
Quote by enomushiki
I had a Creative Zen before my iPod nano, and I wouldn't reccomend it THAT much, although it is okay..

Interface isn't as flashy as iPod, no video, photo or anything; just music (which may not matter depending on your needs). No cover flow!!!!
(A)

It's super ****ing fat and heavy, which is a bit of a minus...

Never drop it, because I assure you, it will ****ing break. (B)
And even if it doesn't break physically, if the screen freezes or the software crashes, there's no safe way to restart it. You have to take out the battery, which is probably not that good for it.

Other than that, it's fine. It even has a seperate battery, instead of an internalized one.

A) How is this this:

Not as flashy as THIS?

And the ones with video and photo usually DO have video and photo. This is why it's generally a good idea to review things before you buy them.

And B), any retard can tell you an MP3 play breaks when you drop it.
You're*
i love my zen, i highly recommend it. expandable memory, good interface, easy to use, flash memory, its really better than the ipod in all aspects except if you need massive amounts of memory storage.

but really, if youre walking around with 200 gigs of music, youre most likely a complete tool.

edit: to survivalism, i think hes talking about an older model, the zen doesnt have an external battery, and is really very tough when you drop it, because it has no moving parts like harddrives that could break.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Feb 3, 2009,
Stop suggesting Zunes to people who don't live in North America (i.e the TS) because Zunes are still not sold here.

I'd go Creative or Sansa.

Check out the Sansa View, it's pretty.