Page 1 of 3
A very close friend of mine was raped last december. I know the guy and as you can imagine, she and him now hate each other. What I want from you, pit, is to tell me anything I can to get him behind bars(and in the chair if possible), and what sentence would be the standard. Heres what I can tell you
-She is 15, he is 16.
-They used to date, but broke up over 6 months prior to the rape. He still liked her but she no longer did.
-She was a virgin(the thing that really irks me).
-It was at his house, only them home.
-Idk about him, but she was sober and violently resisted. But despite her being in good shape, he is 200+ lbs and all muscle.
-I know laws are diff everywhere, so ill tell I live in Ohio.
-She considered him a close friend.

She has enough to deal with in her life, she was taken out of her house and put in a foster home, had a stomach ulcer, and attempted suicide twice(once before, once after the rape).

She told me how child services found out and now the cops are asking her about it, and she hates this, making her relive it. So yes, the cops already know. I would also love anything you can tell me that I can sya to help comfort her, being forced to relive it.

She has all the classic symptoms:
-Blames herself, believes she is a *****.
-Believes she shoudve saw it coming/been able to stop him
-Feels a strange loyalty to him still, doesnt want him in trouble, just wants to put it all in the past.

All help is apperciated.
when help with rape is needed

ask the pit

Edit:

After actually reading your post i guess just make him feel like **** by sending him mail.

Suggest to him suicide. (maybe not such a good idea).

Edit2:

Sorry, i thought you said to get back at him from behind bars; meaning he was in prison.
Get her to press charges....
Last edited by Logan699p at Feb 3, 2009,
Just try to be there for her, dont force her to press charges because if she doesnt want to she shouldnt. Besides, if she already has a rough life she may be trying to forget this situation and bringing it up might not be the best for her.

All I can say is to try to keep her happy and try to keep her mind off of all of these horrible things.
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

My gear
ESP EC1000fr
Marshall 1960a
Peavy 6505
get her some councelling and offer a non-judgemental friendly ear anytime anywhere

and stab the prick who did it
The cops are already asking her about how it happened and will likely go after him, i hope they do, I just hope she doesnt ever have to see him.

I try to keep her midn off it, but how do you change the subject from that especially when people are talking to her about it?

Edit: she already has a therpist. im the only friend she has that she is willing to talk to this kind of thing about.
Quote by Strider7
The cops are already asking her about how it happened and will likely go after him, i hope they do, I just hope she doesnt ever have to see him.

I try to keep her midn off it, but how do you change the subject from that especially when people are talking to her about it?

Kittens.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Strider7

She is going to have to see him again.

Especially if he pleads not guilty. Otherwise there will be insufficient evidence to prove that he did it considering the person who was raped won't testify against him.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Rape him back.

Definitely this.
Last edited by CoBRaGe at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Rape him back.

This is actually a fit punishment.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Rape him back.

Don't be silly, a great man once said "a brown eye for a brown eye leaves everyone's ass sore."
Quote by Logan699p
She is going to have to see him again.

Especially if he pleads not guilty. Otherwise there will be insufficient evidence to prove that he did it considering the person who was raped won't testify against him.

They have medical exams these days that can determine rape, since she says she fought back there should be evidence enough than.
Thankfully enough, my dad has told me that it is fairly easy for a woman who claims rape to win, so even people who werent raped claim it alot and win. I hope he was right.

To everyone making jokes("rape him back"), youre sick. youre no better than the rapist.
Tell her it is NOT her fault. Victims of sexual abuse often blame themselves, and it's NEVER their fault, make sure she knows that!

And be supportive in general. Reliving it all is going to be very tough for her, so as well as being a shoulder to cry on when she's feeling really rough perhaps offer to give her a hand with day to day stuff like shopping and so on, if she needs it.

Problem is, it's been such a long while that there won't be any physical evidence left...so unless he admits it there's not much the police can do, it's her word against his. It's crappy but that's the way it is with these sorts of offences, unfortunately

And it's not uncommon for victims of sexual offences to want to just leave it all behind them. I know this from experience. It is VERY unpleasant to relive and much nicer to just try and forget. But as the police are already involved, just tell her very gently that she's doing a good and brave thing by helping them. Don't push her too much about it, just be there to listen and give support.

Good luck. I hope the guy goes to prison for what he did.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Strider7
They have medical exams these days that can determine rape, since she says she fought back there should be evidence enough than.
Thankfully enough, my dad has told me that it is fairly easy for a woman who claims rape to win, so even people who werent raped claim it alot and win. I hope he was right.

To everyone making jokes("rape him back"), youre sick. youre no better than the rapist.

Didn't you say that the assault was months ago? I don't know **** about the human body, but I don't think his sperm would still be there after that long.

Even if it was, they'd still have to poke around her vagina. People that have been sexually assaulted usually aren't big on that.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Also, don't say or do anything to the guy who did it, tempting though it is. If he feels intimidated or threatened in any way - hell, even if he just says he is - it can affect the way police and courts deal with it.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
Tell her it is NOT her fault. Victims of sexual abuse often blame themselves, and it's NEVER their fault, make sure she knows that!

I'm sure there's been at least one case where it actually was the victims fault.
Quote by Strider7

ORLY?

I think that shoving a gigantic throbbing dick into a rapist's rectum and showering his face with your cum while crushing his balls in a death grip untill his testes liquefy is a just and righteous punishment.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm sure there's been at least one case where it actually was the victims fault.

No, there isn't, that's what makes it sexual ABUSE rather than just kinky, nasty sex. By definition the person has been violated.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by Twisted Magnum
ORLY?

I think that shoving a gigantic throbbing dick into a rapist's rectum and showering his face with your cum while crushing his balls in a death grip untill his testes liquefy is a just and righteous punishment.

Taking it a little far there, don't you think?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by esther_mouse
No, there isn't, that's what makes it sexual ABUSE rather than just kinky, nasty sex. By definition the person has been violated.

That is true I suppose...I still find it hard to believe that never once has it been the victims fault in one of these situations.
It was in december. Idk how these exams work, mabye they can like examen the hymen and someway determine how it happened.
And yeah, I realize she wouldnt exactly be happy to do that.

Ive done everything i can, telling her its not her fault, shes not a whóre, etc. it only does so much though. it would be alot easier if i could help her in person, but she now lives about 30 min away from me thanks to her relocation to a foster home.

In a matter of ones word against the other, I think she has a good chance. He was sketchy from the minute i met him, and any jury with a concious would have a hard time saying no to see her break down crying on the stand. Ive told her im willing to testify that he is a liar and she wouldnt tell the truth.

Does anyone know anything about the punshiments rape qualifies? I know it can ge the death sentence in some states. frankly id love to see that. life inprisonment at least.
Quote by RU Experienced?
That is true I suppose...I still find it hard to believe that never once has it been the victims fault in one of these situations.

If it's ever been the victim's fault, then they are not a victim, and it was not abuse It was just sex gone wrong.

Quote by Strider7
It was in december. Idk how these exams work, mabye they can like examen the hymen and someway determine how it happened.

Ive done everything i can, telling her its not her fault, shes not a whóre, etc. it only does so much though. it would be alot easier if i could help her in person, but she now lives about 30 min away from me thanks to her relocation to a foster home.

In a matter of ones word against the other, I think she has a good chance. He was sketchy from the minute i met him, and any jury with a concious would have a hard time saying no to see her break down crying on the stand. Ive told her im willing to testify that he is a liar and she wouldnt tell the truth.

Does anyone know anything about the punshiments rape qualifies? I know it can ge the death sentence in some states. frankly id love to see that. life inprisonment at least.

I don't know anything about the States really, but here in the UK it can only get up to about 12 years. Not enough, imo.
<//////>~ dA
Last edited by esther_mouse at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by esther_mouse
If it's ever been the victim's fault, then they are not a victim, and it was not abuse It was just sex gone wrong.

There have been cases where drunk girls have had sex with guys and called rape in the morning and won.

That qualifies with his arguement doesn't it?
Quote by boreamor
There have been cases where drunk girls have had sex with guys and called rape in the morning and won.

if some refretful drunken chick can win, hopefully she can.

its more a matter of helping her get the stregnth to do it.
Quote by boreamor

People who do that are sick and need to stop being retards. That's just a lying person being a liar, not sexual abuse. People like that make it harder for people with genuine cases to get heard.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by Strider7

I doubt it. I can almost garauntee he won't be put on death row, and I doubt he'll get life either.

Understand those punishments are only for very serious crimes. Rape is obviously a very serious crime, but...Well, not serious enough for life.

He'll probably get a few years, and have to pay a hefty sum to your friend. Not enough for what he did to her, but probably all you'll get.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Strider7

He's not likely to be convicted without any concrete empirical evidence. You testifying against him and saying he was a creeper isn't going to add much credibility to the case. She should have gone to the cops immediately after she was raped, to be honest I can't see a lawyer convincing the jury that he raped her beyond a reasonable doubt without any real evidence.

Quote by esther_mouse

I don't know anything about the States really, but here in the UK it can only get up to about 12 years. Not enough, imo.
I'm all too familiar with sex gone wrong

I am fairly sure that the maximum punishment is more than 12 years in the U.S. though.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Feb 3, 2009,
I expected this to be funny. I was disappointed.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I had a similar problem.
same age, type of guy, PTSD symptoms.
I want to kill the guy. and I probably would have, but she told me not to.
so instead, I focus on helping her. try to find counselors. be emotional supportive.

be there for her is the most important thing in my opinion.

even if the guy was killed, she would still feel terrible.
Page 1 of 3