I think screamo is under rated because who ever you talk to practically will say that screamo sucks but i disagree some of that stuff is honestly skill like the band I set my friends on fire or like devil wears prada. Do you think screamo takes skill?
As for me, it's not the vocals but the music that i don't like about screamo.. Lots of metal bands use screaming vocals, and it works just fine for me. And yes i do believe screaming takes skill.
By the power of Greyskull
Quote by 7stringuzr
I agree with CItyKid, screamo takes skill. Anything takes some sort of skill except rap of course.

rap does take skill, just not instrumental skill.
Tell me what bands you call screamo? Screamo isnt metal and most people just call anything that has extreme sounding vocals screamo, which is retarded. Screamo the real genre is probably not heard of much.
edit:both bands you mentioned are a form of -core TS
Last edited by mikey son at Feb 3, 2009,
Not all good music takes skill. You can tap your foot and be playing the blues. You can also play super-technical sh!t and be playing the blues.

No idea what "Screamo" is however.
Quote by nightflight
I think screamo is under rated because who ever you talk to practically will say that screamo sucks but i disagree some of that stuff is honestly skill like the band I set my friends on fire or like devil wears prada. Do you think screamo takes skill?

I don't think it's under-rated here. I see alot of pro-screamo threads. Many of my students bring in screamo band cd's. If anything I see it as "in" now.

as far as how I personally feel....

Skill or no skill, I just don't care to listen to it. I don't want to hear someone screaming in my ear. I find that to be.......... annoying (regardless of the skill involved).

I mean if I came over and screamed really loud in your ear, would you dig that ? It would probabaly piss ya off right?

I don't listen to music to get pissed off. There's enough things in real life to accomplish that. I want to hear something that I can enjoy.

That being said, I like some of the music. If the screams were gone and replaced with something like..... singing, I would potentially be into that.

Quote by Zycho
Sorry to burst your bubble but it's pretty mainstream.

+ 1
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Feb 3, 2009,
There is a huge Screamo scene in Boise, close to where I live. And i can't stand it. Too generic in my opinion, I haven't noticed a single band that stands out from another. And it definitly isn't underrated or unknown.
i set my friends on fire! haha is that really a name of a band....that explains it right there, it sucks
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
for me the screaming in the song has to fit will if it is just random **** everywhere then no but if it fits then yea it probably will sound good

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
This is topic for the Bands and Artists forum, (probably the hardcore forum, I guess....)

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out