Me and my friends got word of this dumpster outside of this building called Zimmer, an orthopedic company, that had tons of unopened lays chips in it. We went there and found a ton of other stuff too like a TV, and computer monitor and other stuff(cookies, chips, soda, etc.) They seem to be okay, but the bags smell like garbage, so I was wondering, are these safe to eat?

EDIT: And I guess another question would be: Is this legal?
Last edited by killerswan at Feb 3, 2009,
If the bags are unopened, and not past their expiration date, yes.

My friends and I, by the way.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Go for it, let us know how it goes

Quote by killerswan
Me and my friends got word of this dumpster outside of this building called Zimmer, an orthopedic company, that had tons of unopened lays chips in it. We went there and found a ton of other stuff too like a TV, and computer monitor and other stuff(cookies, chips, soda, etc.) They seem to be okay, but the bags smell like garbage, so I was wondering, are these safe to eat?
eat the monitor
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
legal? no i don't think it is. at least not if the dumpster is located on private property, which i assume it is.

but is the food safe to eat? assuming it isn't opened, it is probably safe. it might be out of date, but that doesn't mean it will hurt you. most stuff is fine for at least a few days or weeks after its sell by date.
I thought it wasn't illegal as long as they're throwing it out.

Dumpster diving is fun sometimes. My dad found like 80 vinyl records in a dumpster once. He sold one and made 50 bucks off it.
Its actually not Illegal unless the dumpster is locked and you break in to it. Once something is thrown out it ceases to be private property.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Eat as many bags of chips as you can and tell us how you feel afterwards

But seriously, you cant just buy a bag of chips from the shop? I mean leave the dumpster chips for hobos, they need them more than you.