Wondering what brand headphones are good for playing with my guitar. I'm looking for the big kind that fit around your ear and keep outside noise out. Earphones have no bass so I'm looking for some with overall low/mid/high and distortion quality.

I was interested in these cause there only 13 bucks and wireless(the wire always pisses me off) but concerned on quality:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110323437537&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Specs:
Technical Specifications:
Receiver
Frequency range: 86 - 108 MHz
Reception Mode: FM
distortion: =<2%
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Feb 3, 2009,
Don't know those headphones, but i got some just like that. Same priceclass. Working like a charm for nearly two years.
By the power of Greyskull
no bass huh? try the sennheiser HD-202s. There about 30 bucks or so and have phenominal bass response, theyre loud, best of all the cords about 9 or 10 feet long so you can play standing and move around a little if you dont want to be leashed to your amp or processer too closely. they even come with the 1/4'' adapter. the only downfall is that there frequency response is a little scooped which gives it better definition for listeng to music but makes them useless for any mixing or monitoring purposes in recording. i like mine so much i got another pair instantly when i broke the first ones. oh and dont let that worry you about durability im just clumsy when im drunk and they still worked with a wiggle for a few weeks even after the violent kicking-out sideways i gave the jack.
p.s. that link you just put up looks like a ripoff for some garbage equipment. its too good to be true for sure. besides i cant imagine a wireless transmitter being close to where your guitar is being good for a quiet hum free signal.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 3, 2009,
Ok cool. I'm concerned about the headphones sounding "fuzzy" with distortion, I take it this is cause I'm using earbuds instead of "minispeaker" type headphones? Does your distortion sound the same as with your amp speakers?

If anyone thinks those suck, would these be better:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-SONY-MDR-V700DJ-V700-DJ-Headphones-For-MP3_W0QQitemZ120372726930QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDJ_Gear_Lighting?hash=item120372726930&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

These are 60 dollar headphones with pretty good reviews on sound quality:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Acoustic-Research-AW-772-Wireless-Headphones_W0QQitemZ400028488571QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item400028488571&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Feb 3, 2009,
Skullcandy earbuds.

Super cheap, keeps outside noise out, has damn good bass, and you can use it for normal earbud use too.

You want get nice, noise-reducing headphones for cheap.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by ldiablo233
Ok cool. I'm concerned about the headphones sounding "fuzzy" with distortion, I take it this is cause I'm using earbuds instead of "minispeaker" type headphones? Does your distortion sound the same as with your amp speakers?

If anyone thinks those suck, would these be better:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-SONY-MDR-V700DJ-V700-DJ-Headphones-For-MP3_W0QQitemZ120372726930QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDJ_Gear_Lighting?hash=item120372726930&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Also, whats the ideal frequency response range?

actually they make the signal processor i use them with for silent practice sound better than it does with my amp but i have a very brittish voiced 15 watt tube combo that doesnt get along with the distortion voicings in the processor (i only use it through the amp for delay/reverb/modulation type effects when i need them). as far as frequency response i wouldnt worry about it too much. any set of headphones with big drivers in them will kick the crap out of all but the highest end earbuds. the biggest thing you should worry about if your going off of specs is the sensitivity (basically a how loud its going to be rating) and if you want to get into detail with the response your best bet would be comparing graphs of the response. that shows you the tonal curve low to high where range just tells you where the curve starts and ends.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 3, 2009,
I want to stick with wireless, and I don't think wires/no wires affects the quality too much as long as its within range, which it'll be like 4 feet away at most.
I think I'll go with the Acoustic Research, they come with a Y adapter which will be great for mp3 player/amp hookup to the headphones together. Kinda of sucks they don't have the 1/4 inch adapter included but seems like a good deal for 20 bucks.
Wireless sucks, trust me - noisy, flat respondance, just plain out bad tone...worst is the CONSTANT static noise though

i get good results out of my akg k240Studio - check these out.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
they look atrocious, dont get those. THESE on the other hand are good quality and sound great, I use them myself.

And BTW, wireless does affect the tone, MAJORLY. so stop being such a pussy
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard