Anybody know any good or famous artists that don't use a major brand such as Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Schecter, PRS, LTD, Epiphone, etc.?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
the guys from dispatch all used Modulus guitars. i know chad urmston (now in state radio) still uses them, not sure about the others though.

-mroe
Quote by wemonir
some guy asked me if i wanted to go back to his apartment and spin around on his weiner but i told him i had to go to the dentist
Quote by bombsquadjunky
Kurt Baillou from Converge uses a First Act.

Weird eh?

But he mostly uses Warmoth Jazzmasters he built, and Rickenbackers he's modded the hell outta.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Steven Wilson uses an Alumisonic, but he also used an ESP Strat and several PRS guitars.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
The guys from Cake use the most low budget instruments they can find from pawn shops 2nd hand stores whereever, they say it attributes to their own sound
Quote by STABxYOU
But he mostly uses Warmoth Jazzmasters he built, and Rickenbackers he's modded the hell outta.

Yes, but he's got a signature from First Act, right?
And for the record, does he play 3/4 scale guitars?
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Cliff Burton back in the day used Alembic and Aria basses. Alembic Spoiler ftw!!! I loved that bass, especially in the video "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

Also, Danelectro. Jimmy Page used one of their guitars extensively, as seen in the Led Zeppelin Live collection on VH1 Classic
Quote by ursocialsuicide
The guys from Cake use the most low budget instruments they can find from pawn shops 2nd hand stores whereever, they say it attributes to their own sound

BS gimmick
Josh Homme used to use Ovation Ultra GPs, and nowadays uses Matons
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
There was a thread yesterday asking what guitar he used for a set he and the Queens did on Dave Letterman.
Quote by bombsquadjunky
Yes, but he's got a signature from First Act, right?
And for the record, does he play 3/4 scale guitars?

He does have a signature First Act. He doesn't play 3/4 scale guitars, on Harmony Central he refers to his Rick as being 'short scale' which usually means 24" (7/8ths scale), but the Rick is Gibson scale, 24.75".
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
KSE, The Absence, Evergrey, Symphony X, Dragonland ect. use Caparison. Not exactly a huge company.
Doesn't Jerry Cantrell (I can't spell) use G & L guitars.
Jack White uses eastwood airline guitars right.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Guys from Exodus use Bernie Rico guitars. Pat O Brien from Cannibal Corpse uses Ran Guitars.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Good question.

I am not sure today, but in the past the best example was Eddie Van Halen playing with his own built, cheap "crappy" guitar, which basically made history as you know.

Another one I can think about is Mark Knopfler. Besides those red Strats (Fender and Schecter, btw), he used to play Pensa custom guitars.
tom morello uses Kramer parts. i dunno if their famous brand or not.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Matt bellamy uses manson custom made guitars.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Quote by caraluzzo
KSE, The Absence, Evergrey, Symphony X, Dragonland ect. use Caparison. Not exactly a huge company.

True, but anybody thats played a Caparison will tell you that they are amazing guitars.
Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys uses some weird LP and SG copies. I think one of them is a Silvertone, but I could be wrong.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
He uses Silvertone and Teisco Del Rey, and an Ibanez lawsuit SG, not to mention an ibanez lawsuit flying V.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']He uses Silvertone and Teisco Del Rey, and an Ibanez lawsuit SG, not to mention an ibanez lawsuit flying V.
Haha that's pretty cool, I didn't know that. I haven't seen any lawsuit Ibanez guitars in forever.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Interestingly enough, when Ibanez began copying Hagstrom and EKO back in the fifties, they were using Teisco's factory to do so. Little bit o' history for you.
Quote by vulgarmachine
Doesn't Jerry Cantrell (I can't spell) use G & L guitars.
Jack White uses eastwood airline guitars right.

Jack plays doesn't play the reissues, he has 2 original airlines that are made outta res-o-glass, he only uses them for the white stripes, he also has A kay acoustic electric, a harmony rocket, Crestwood Astral II , and a custom Rancher Falcon Cutaway, again all for the white stripes.

In the Racs, he uses a custom built Gretsch (sp?) called the tripple jet, and semi hollow by them, and some acoustic.
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Quote by eyebanez333
True, but anybody thats played a Caparison will tell you that they are amazing guitars.

I know they are.
Quote by STABxYOU
He does have a signature First Act. He doesn't play 3/4 scale guitars, on Harmony Central he refers to his Rick as being 'short scale' which usually means 24" (7/8ths scale), but the Rick is Gibson scale, 24.75".

Ah. Thanks. My roommate and I were discussing whether we did or not, and that clears it up.

That being said, Converge OWNS
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
you can't exactly use matt bellamy in this thread, its a hand-built custom built to his exact specs, so it doesnt really make a difference if its from a well known brand.
Paul Gilbert, although Ibanez, uses lawsuit and 80s discontinued models of Ibanez a lot (I guess they're sorta his Non-Ibanez guitars that still come under his endorsment deal)
Seasick Steve uses guitars that he doesn't even know the brand of
Rory Gallagher (and Jimmy Page come to think of it) used a Danelectro '52 or something like that sometimes.
Buckethead used a Heartfield (or whatever it was) guitar when in the Deli Creeps.
Oooh back onto Paul Gilbert, he played a Hamer 12 string bass on Get Out of my Yard.

I could go on.