So me and my mates are thinking of having a holiday at some point this year, one of my friends seems to have his heart set on going to Amsterdam, i've been there before and would love to go again, theres another couple of things happening at different times but thats places in England (Liverpool and Brighton seem to be the main places), this is all with old college mates.

The main point is, my main circle of friends and i are trying to think of a holiday for maybe a long weekend in the summer or something, i don't really fancy going to the Greek islands because alot of the British tourists who go there (at least people from around my area) are complete idiots, we also want to go somewhere which is quite quick to get to, so the main focus is Western Europe or somewhere in England, so tell me, what are some good places to go in Europe or around England, i would like to explore some of the sights but also enjoy the nightlife, not sure what my budget is yet, its all just rough ideas, although apparently nightlife in Sweden is pretty expensive.

Edit: I'm from England by the way.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by joshua122593
Go to Vegas and get a hooker.

Last time i checked Nevada was not in western europe
By the power of Greyskull
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Go to the Netherlands.

Red light district+Heineken+sex mansions (yes, MANSIONS)+beer=win

this sounds like a win-win-win-WIN-win
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Go to the Netherlands.

Red light district+Heineken+sex mansions (yes, MANSIONS)+beer=win

I went to amsterdam and done 2 out of 3 of those, although i didn't get a hooker, the red light district was pretty scary, it was like window shopping except the mannequins were real, some of the girls in there were pretty rough.
WHOMP

Quote by donender
I went to amsterdam and done 2 out of 3 of those, although i didn't get a hooker, the red light district was pretty scary, it was like window shopping except the mannequins were real, some of the girls in there were pretty rough.

Lucky bastard! Amsterdam is the ONE place I would want to visit most right now.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Lucky bastard! Amsterdam is the ONE place I would want to visit most right now.

It really is a wonderful country, if you do go i suggest you take a bit of time out in the day to explore the city too, there are some really nice places about, even if you are hungover or still a little drunk from the night before, you can still appreciate it (i was in the van gough museum one morning still slightly drunk and stoned from the night before, made it very interesting but challenging to not fall down).

The Anne Frank house is ok but theres an annoying survey section at the end that i really didn't like, they should have kept it a little more original. During the night, i suggest the water hole, its a very good blues club pretty much right in the centre of town (just off of leidseplein), there is also a great bar called bourbon street, which i actually loved.
WHOMP

Quote by Guitar_tischler
Last time i checked Nevada was not in western europe

not yet, but we're sellin it cheap! get it while its on the market. one north american state, semi used, but still mint.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I saw somebody with their fifth-wheel trailer at feckin' WalMart today. Therefore:

Maybe we're all missing something.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Zugunruhe
not yet, but we're sellin it cheap! get it while its on the market. one north american state, semi used, but still mint.

I'll consider your offer :P
By the power of Greyskull