I'm looking for a guitar that has 2 (or 3) humbuckers, some type of a tremolo system [floyd prefered, but not needed], 22 or more frets, and a quilted maple top. Budget will probably be about $1000 max, give or take a few hundred bucks. I play pretty distorted stuff, not death metal, but probably metallica-ish. Any suggestions?
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Last edited by trutrojan8 at Feb 3, 2009,
Ibanez RG1570 maybe it has edge pro
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
a maple top?
Look through some Jackson's, ESP's or Ibanez possibly even schecter.
BUT
imo, jackson is the best of those brands
Maybe an RR3, KE3, maybe a WRX or a DK2
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Last edited by cukd7x-a2- at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
a maple top?
BUT

ahh meant quilted maple top
Also, I'd like the guitar to have a nice, thick gibson-ish sound, but I also want it to have a type of tremolo [thats very big in my decision making]
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
That thick Gibson sound comes from the Mahogany body and I believe that the TOM bridges also help add to that tone.
Quote by trutrojan8
ahh meant quilted maple top
Also, I'd like the guitar to have a nice, thick gibson-ish sound, but I also want it to have a type of tremolo [thats very big in my decision making]

Maybe a C-1 Hellraiser FR? It has EMGs though, not sure if you want them. You COULD switch them out but you'd have to change all the electronics if im not mistaken.
Just curious, why would you even need three pickups? Unless you're Spinal Tap or KISS, I'm not seeing the logic of it.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 3, 2009,
could i interest you in a malden stiger flair prototype?

within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
a maple top?
BUT
Maybe an RR3, KE3, maybe a WRX or a DK2

I second the RR3 to all extent possible, great guitar, and they have quilted top, transparent blue or erie des swirl are nice finishes
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12
LTD MH-1000. It has an original floyd rose tremolo system, mahogany body (like les pauls), and it's a brand that metallica prefer. This guitar comes with either EMGs which are quite "teh metal" pickups, or you can get a variation with JB/'59
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
LTD MH-1000. It has an original floyd rose tremolo system, mahogany body (like les pauls), and it's a brand that metallica prefer. This guitar comes with either EMGs which are quite "teh metal" pickups, or you can get a variation with JB/'59

oooh I really like that one
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Tr looking into a Jackson Sl3 Soloist or a Ltd Mh-1000, or if you're into Schecter try the hellraiser or the ATX series, you could always try a Ibanez prestige too, it's all about what neck you prefer.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah