My car just crapped out on me, and holy jesus is my budget low.

I'd say 2000-3000$ is the max I could possibly go for.

I'd prefer a coupe or sedan, something sporty. I know beggars can't be choosers, so I'll take whatever recommendations you can give.

HALP!
Yeah, but honestly, it's not worth it. It's going to cost about 2000$ to get a 1993 Toyota Paseo with 250000 miles fixed.

My Baby!! I can't drive her atm though cause my battery **** itself & I kinda got caught driving outta licence class! damn coppers!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Look for a british programme called Top Gear, they did an episode in America where they had $1000 to buy a car and drive it across the country... Not saying any of the cars they got were great but it may give you some ideas
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
check out a buick. seriously. theyre mostly bought new by old people that baby them and hardly drive.theyre cheap. insurance on them is crazy cheap. the interior is way nicer than anything else you can get your hands on at that price. and if youre worrying about sportiness dont. the 3.8L V-6 that most buicks have puts out 205 horsepower (thats for the series two, fifty less for series one and forty more for the supercharged 3.8s) which is more than a brand new civic si (200 hp) not to mention about double the torque and plenty enough guts to get you around without feeling like your waiting on the motor. oh and i know from experience (i have a grand prix w/ identical drivetrain and about identical weight) that when running properly you can out-dragrace just about any regular 4 cyl car in the world that doesnt have a turbo on it. handling is decent as long as the sway bar in the front is properly connected (breakage in the end linkage is a common problem after theyre about ten years old or so but an easy fix) and you get the 16 inch wheels that take the much sportier 225/60-16 size tires instead of the 15s with the 205/70-15. hoped that helped and yes... i am that good.
2 words

police impounds

you can get some AMAZING deals.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Toyota Corolla's tend to be great bargains, and the older ones with the 4A series motors go forever. I love mine. The ones with the 7A series motors are nice as well, but beware they tend to burn oil due to the stainless steel head gaskets. We had a 1993 Buick that was my grandfathers, traded it for our new Mitsubishi a year and a half ago. 55k or so on it. Good motor, but it had sat for nearly 3 years and was turning into a money pit. Comfy car, rode nice, good power, and the GM 3800 power plants are cheap fix and durable, but it drove like a boat, got so-so gas mileage, and had an interior in which the cheap parts were starting to show themselves; by breaking. Also check out used Nissan 240SX (beware the frames on these tend to get rusty), Mazda 626s (never heard much of them, but they're out there), and maybe a used E30 series BMW 3 series will pop up for that much if you can stomach the potential high costs associated with working on them. I'm kind of in your spot as my car looked as though it had a head gasket failing (all signs point to it not though) and was looking for something in case it took a crap on me. It's still running though, and aside from some issues running rough after you start it in the cold, it is a great vehicle.
Thanks for all that info man.

I actually have an offer of a '98 Eclipse for 3000$. You think that's a good deal?
depends on alot of factors

mileage?
how many previous owners?
specific age of previous owners?
carfax?
any major repairs?
condition of the car on the outside?
condition of the car on the inside?
any faulty stuff like, non working power windows ect.?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Hey, I'm car shopping right now too. Getting back a killer tax return and seriously need something newer than what I'm driving now. Anyhow, there's tons of decent rides out there in that price range. CarSoup has a bunch listed. Just do a search for 1990-2000 vehicles by whatever mfr. you choose, then when the first page pops up, resort by price(lowest first). I even found a 1995 BMW 740i in there for $2500! It's got 190,000 on it, but the car is clean, and my insurance wouldn't go up if I kept just liability on it.
There's a lot of Chevy's, Buicks, and some few decent imports in there too.
Right at the moment I'm leaning towards a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe. It's clean as hell in and out, has only 113,000 on it, and has all the bells and whistles. Plus it's got the 4.6ltr V-8 and is rear-wheel-drive. It definitely has potential if I can talk the dealer into putting new tires and a serp. belt tensioner on it I may just take it. $2995. This is what it looks like, what do you think?