Hey everyone.

A friend of mine pointed out this interesting Strat on Ebay today.

Reverse Headstock MIM Fender Stratocaster

It kinda peaked my interest really.

I never knew they made MIM "VooDoo" style Strats...

I don't really plan on buying this one on Ebay, but I was wondering if anyone had any more info on it. Particularly what years they were made.

Thanks!

EDIT: A link

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60s-Reverse-Special-Strat?sku=512595
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Feb 3, 2009,
I believe the earlier models were prototypes. Some have regular headstocks, with reverse slant pickups.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by DotSick
I believe the earlier models were prototypes. Some have regular headstocks, with reverse slant pickups.

Yeah, but it showed them for sale at Musician's Friend just last year (discontinued now).

I wonder how these compared to the MIA VooDoo Strats...
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I'm pretty sure they were the "reverse 60's" strat, discontinued sometime in early 2008 unfortunately. A shame too, I really liked the reverse CBS-era head and the flipped bridge pickup.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm pretty sure they were the "reverse 60's" strat, discontinued sometime in early 2008 unfortunately. A shame too, I really liked the reverse CBS-era head and the flipped bridge pickup.

Yeah, it looked pretty cool.
I wonder if they will ever make a comeback? They were only discontinued about a year ago...
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Isn't the essentialy a Dick Dale Strat?

No, I'm pretty sure the DD strat has a rosewood fretboard.

Quote by yellowsnow4free
Yeah, it looked pretty cool.
I wonder if they will ever make a comeback? They were only discontinued about a year ago...

Well, Gibson did reissue the Les Paul Junior this year after discontinuing it for 2008, so I do have hope. Suppose we'll just have to watch and see. If not you can always get a white MIM Standard, order a neck from Warmoth and get a custom pickguard.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
If not you can always get a white MIM Standard, order a neck from Warmoth and get a custom pickguard.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I actually made a post on it a while back...
But another question, what color was Hendrix's White Strat? Olympic White or Arctic White?
I'd almost say Olympic White based on the Fender color chart.
Fender Color Chart
The woodstock strat is arctic white.

Fact.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)