http://memphis.craigslist.org/msg/1019678790.html

I was just randomly browsing through the musical instruments on my local craigslist when this caught my eye. Now I was hoping to get an Orange AD or Rocker in June or so, but I saw this Fender Hotrod. Is it a good deal, and is it good for my playing style? I play some blues, a lot of rock, and mainly a combination of the two. Mainly stuff like the Parlor Mob and Wolfmother (hence the strong desire for some juicy Orange tone.) But, I don't know much about Fender amps besides their cleans. So GC&A'ers: should I look at buying this?

Thanks for the help!

--Saints

Well, the overdrive wouldn't be too much like Wolfmother unless you used a pedal...would you be?
beware, those things are extremely loud so if youre just playing in your bedroom you will probably need an attenuator lol
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Last edited by slash4114 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by GNRjungle87
Well, the overdrive wouldn't be too much like Wolfmother unless you used a pedal...would you be?

I have a big muff but it sounds nothing like what I want to play except for the White Stripes. So I was hoping to get an amp with the natural overdrive similar to Wolfmother and The Parlor Mob's sound.

And to the guy with the Traynor url: Would they work for me?

Quote by slash4114
beware, those things are extremely loud so if youre just playing in your bedroom you will probably need an attenuator lol

Yeah if/when I get a good tube amp I'll have to attenuate. I don't plan on getting a gigging and a practicing amp

Quote by SaintsofNowhere

And to the guy with the Traynor url: Would they work for me?

Yes, it's voiced similar to the HRD but has a decent gain channel. Very good cleans.
Quote by slash4114

+1.. I have the 40 watt Hot Rod and I think I'd be evicted if I put the volume past 2