Best of Luck to ya..

A mass m1 on a horizontal shelf is attached by a thin string that passes over a frictionless peg to a 2.2 kg mass m2 that hangs over the side of the shelf 1.5 m above the ground (Figure 5-62). The system is released from rest at t = 0 and the 2.2 kg mass strikes the ground at t = 0.84 s. The system is now placed in its initial position and a 1.2 kg mass is placed on top of the block of mass m1. Released from rest, the 2.2 kg mass now strikes the ground 1.3 seconds later.
Determine the mass m1.
Determine the coefficient of kinetic friction between m1 and the shelf.

Some useful information..
Fnet=m2*g-m1*g*u=(m1+m2)*a
Where m2 is the mass of the falling block, m1 is the block on the flat surface whose friction pulls against m2's fall. u is coefficient of friction. g is gravity, and a is accel.
I think you get accel with 1.5=a/2*0.84^2 = 4.2517
You probably need to use systems of equations, but I just can't get the right answer.
Quote by Ghost of Sparta
The answer is 42

This guy speaks the truth. If anyone says it's anything other than 42, they're going wrong somewhere!

Everything is 42!

Everything!
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
We have a physics thread I think, or a science thread. You'll get more luck in there.
This is my sig